20-24k Cheapest Reliable laptop

• What's your Budget?
  • 20-25k

• What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
  • Eclipse, android emulator and other programming stuff like running geany in ubuntu, surfing, reading pdf, movies(No gaming at all)

• What size and weight considerations do you have?
  • 14-15.6inches

• Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
  • No HCL, wipro

• Any other considerations?
  • Since I would be doing programming and reading a lot from laptop so screen should be good( matte or glossy but should not be poor like hp 430)
  • In HP 430 screen looks really pixelated and puts strain on my eyes. I have figured out that best proc which I can get in my budget is 2nd gen core i3. I will look to upgrade ram by another 4gb as it costs only 1300 bucks
I have shortlisted thus laptop Asus X54C-SX261D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 2 GB / 500 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
I have never used Asus so can somebody comment on their reliability

I am also looking for an AMD trinity based lappy under 25 k
I try to keep an open mind for amd but these kind of reviews put me off
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics Review by NAK | Flipkart.com
Read point 3 about heating
Heating is the biggest reason which ultimately leads to mobo problems. One of my friend's HP laptop powered by Amd turion X2 dies after 2 years due to overheating.
I feel intel proc with onboard graphics is best bet if one is looking for longevity of laptop and not just raw performance

I have shortlisted thus laptop Asus X54C-SX261D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 2 GB / 500 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
I have never used Asus so can somebody comment on their reliability

Aus laptops are reliable and AFAIK doesn't heat up much. only weak points being display (budget units end up with a low contrast display) and sound along with keyboard at times.

I am also looking for an AMD trinity based lappy under 25 k

Trinity without any add on GPU should cost ~25k but may limit to A6 (dual core) but will take time. HP may refresh its G4 with a trinity APU else HP G4 at 26k too makes sense but Core i3 is better unless one is interested in games,

I try to keep an open mind for amd but these kind of reviews put me off
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics Review by NAK | Flipkart.com
Read point 3 about heating
Heating is the biggest reason which ultimately leads to mobo problems. One of my friend's HP laptop powered by Amd turion X2 dies after 2 years due to overheating.
I feel intel proc with onboard graphics is best bet if one is looking for longevity of laptop and not just raw performance

Turion X2, Phenom II mobile, Athlon II all these are old chips and Llano and trinity's biggest point is they don't heat up that much and providing good battery backup at the sametime. I have read numerous times where AMD APUs was critisized for being heating up when they didn't actually. Most of the time the user are still stuck in the K8 era and think "Turion II X2 heats up so APU heats up too".
And remember 3rd gen core i processor heats too. Most likely the APU & GPU are cooled by same fan hence heats up during load.

Aus laptops are reliable and AFAIK doesn't heat up much. only weak points being display (budget units end up with a low contrast display) and sound along with keyboard at times.
I don't care about keyboard and sound quality. Low contrast also doesn't bother me. Display should be easy on eyes and text should be readable that's my only concern.
Text looks too pixelated on HP 430 display.
By the this sony costs 5k more for same config Sony VAIO E Series SVE15113EN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook
Is it worth extra 5k?

Sony one is overpriced. Samsung NP300E5Z-A07IN @ 27k only. But if possible go to any Samsung & Sony showroom and check it yourself. Its easy to talk about display but they maybe using different panels so quality will be different.

Sony one is overpriced. Samsung NP300E5Z-A07IN @ 27k only. But if possible go to any Samsung & Sony showroom and check it yourself. Its easy to talk about display but they maybe using different panels so quality will be different.
I went to croma today and they had sony. It had beautiful chicklet keyboard. Display was pretty average. I think all these budget laptops have poor displays and only high end ones have good display
Antiglare display of my vostro was so good.

antiglare reduces the brightness in most of the models as the brightness is low anyway over that they do a coating so you end up with a very dim display that causes battery to run out of charge if you increase brightness.

Back