20 years since all hell broke loose.

I met a 65yr old kashmiri pandit on a forum once which eventually led to a flurry of email exchanges. The sad thing for him was that not many indians know about kashmiri pundits.

Damn this bugging country, its politicians and its bugging constitution. India's never gonna become developed if it's gonna ignore brains. It's really a heartrending one.

Shh, don't say it loud. You'll be termed a racist hate mongerer by the secular liberal "enlightened" crowd.

Its ironic how these morons targeted the pundits when most of these kashmiri folk are force-converted hindu pandits themselves.

It's like a packee claiming turkish heritage because his great grandmother was picked up by one of tamerlanes foot soldiers.

@nikhil: Very good thread bro, really didn't know the date of the event.

@sniper: Very well said. Don't know when are our people gonna get enlightened.

Nikhil said:

Care to compare the valley from 20 years ago to now. Do we still have a raging insurgency going on there or not. What did the last elections held there signify ?
No, those pundits are still not welcome back. But what about everything else is it smaller in comparison ?

The pattern i notice with Pak moves is they extract a higher price from us to fix the problem, it entails a pyrrhic victory.

@blurp -- I am not saying against Pakistan in this thread. This thread is for the criticism of Indian governments over the past 20 years. Including the 'Hindu nationalist' BJP.

I know things are better in the valley now, but is that any consolation for the lakhs of people camping in refugee camps across the country? They still cant go back. The worst part is how this has been swept under the carpet.

How many people know of the plight of Kashmiri Pandits? That is my complaint. The media can talk about so many useless issues, but they cant concentrate on this?

Nikhil said:
I know things are better in the valley now,....
Then you accept the costs of achieving it yes ?

Of course there is no consolation for these ppl, they were the collateral damage in battling the insurgency there. The amount of crap thats gone on there on both sides is HUGE. Lots of innocent ppl screwed. Did not matter which community. This is the reality.

Your argument revolves around human-rights violations. Happened in Punjab also, look at Punjab today. This is why i think we will win in Kashmir.

Nikhil said:
How many people know of the plight of Kashmiri Pandits? That is my complaint. The media can talk about so many useless issues, but they cant concentrate on this?
It will happen one day when the time is right.

Back