PC Peripherals 2007WFP vs 2407WFP purchase decision hell...

Vij

Skilled
Hello friends

I have got 2 exclusive pricings from Dell

1. Dell 2007WFP for 23,100 all incl

2. Dell 2407WFP for 33,780 all incl

These are the confirmed pricings...earlier I got even lesser but they got defaulted...Now I have got confirmed exclusive priocings and can order with this price.

I would love to go for 2407, but I dont know how I can convince dad. I easily have all the money and some more myself but still Im sure he will not be too happy if I bought a 24" monitor.

Another query is will the monitor scale resolutions well...I mean can I run 1680x1050 without problems...

Hell, is 2407 an extravagance....monitors dont have to be bigger than 20" right?

What do u think...

Also vote if u can...

Cost aside, you are trading color accuracy for screen size.... as simple as that. The 2007 costs 23k just cos of the panel. If it were a PVA/MVA panel, it'd have been less than 20k. Simply put an S-IPS is superior to a PVA in every way other than contrast ratios.

Il be buying a 42" LCD TV for my bedroom with a 6 months...n 6 months is a long time...so though for now Il watch them on PC thats not what Il be doing for more than a few months...Im not a diehard gamer too...I game occasionally....but I do spend lot of late nights on my computer...Im confused....

Its not just movies....its movies in 1080 :p Those need a 24" to shine. For regular PC work, I feel 20" is more than enuff, and for games, the 24 might actually be a problem for your gfx card.

Well... If you are planning to buy this for watching movies then you are better off with an LCD TV... If you plan to game on this then go in for a 2407(But keep in mind that you need to invest in a better card)... I know it sounds weired but you will get a better price : size ratio when you compare LCD TV's with LCD displays...

Edit... Just saw you last post... Go in for a 20"... No point going in for 24"... Its an overkill if you are already planing for a 42" LCD TV...

vij said:
1. Dell 2007WFP for 23,100 all incl

2. Dell 2407WFP for 33,780 all incl

How did you get those prices??Are you using dell coupon or something??

If you wanna enjoy 1080p movies then surely go for the 24 incher S-PVA panels are better than S-IPS when it comes to movie watching.If you wanna game then go for the 20 inch S-IPS panel.Not only do you have to frequently update your GFx card to play games at decent res. on your 24 incher, an S-PVA panel isn't ideally suited for gaming.

@arrow

no mate no coupons...I happen to suggest some hardware for the company I work for...n most of them Dell..so got the main guy who places the orders to talk for me...turns out Dell cares to keep us happy.

btw a review of 2007WFP PC World - Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP Review

Doesnt the 2407 scale well...cant I use 1680x1050 n scale...some say 2407 scales very well...

u sure it isnt 43000 all inc for the 2407 ?? coz they wont lower it by 10k any any means..

I got mine for 43000 all inc shipped.

2407 scales 1080 extremely well if u ask me. If u get lucky u willl get a A03 Rev :D

ANP !!! said:
u sure it isnt 43000 all inc for the 2407 ?? coz they wont lower it by 10k any any means..

I got mine for 43000 all inc shipped.

2407 scales 1080 extremely well if u ask me. If u get lucky u willl get a A03 Rev :D

First of all right now its priced at 38k+tax, they will give it to you for 38k all incl if you just twitch a bit and you can get it dwn to 36.5k all incl if u bargain..... I just got a further 2.5k discount...

Edit: Mods, can we see who has voted for what...I think I missed that option..can we get that now.

You don't change a monitor too often, so you might wanna buy the best you can. So heres a small analysis of the scenario.

A 24" is nice for movie viewing or even professional graphics work or software development. But if you intend to play games, you will require to invest in the best graphics cards too.

On the other hand the 20" 2007WFP touches the sweet spot. Its big enough, you have a choice of panel other than TN, Better resolution than 17 or 19" and not costly enough to burn a large hole in the pocket. and it runs very well of a single high end GPU of the current generation.

The difference between a 19" and the 2007WFP is about 10k, but you are spending that 10k on lot more than just the screen size. You get a lot of things that are not present in the 19". The difference between a 20" and 24" is again 10k or more. But you are not getting anything more other than the extra 4" and better resolution.

I would myself like to get hold of a Larger LCD, but since I play games a lot, I would get a 24/27" only when I can afford to have a SLI or Crossfire setup in my machine.

In your case, since do not play games a lot, you might wanna indulge yourself with the 2407WFP. ;)

yes 4" for abt 11k only...and the PVA panel isnt bad too..thats the hell Im gng thru...I dnt want to take the extra 11k frm my pocket but then when I ask myself its 4" of good panel for just 11k...

Also what I would like to know is will the 2407 scale well.. Can I run 1680x1050 with good quality...Can it..will it...I cant afford SLI or crossfire, nor would I like to undulge in such deviousness...

Scaling on the Dell panels is quite good. Non native resolutions may not look that good for the desktop, but in games the scaling works quite well. I have run games at various resolutions like 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1440x1050, 1360 x 768 without issues. The resolutions with non-native aspects like 1280 x 1024 may look stretched out, but the rest are fine. As for desktop use you can run at the native resolution with any cheap GPU (ofcourse if you wanna run Vista Aero, that may be a concern, but you already have a 1800XT and possibly going for a high end DX10 GPU). Another useful option in these displays is that you can run at a 1:1 resolution without issues. ex you can run 1280 x 1024 without stretching the image to full screen. there will be unused pixels on the sides, but the usable area would be same as that of a 17" LCD and stretching does not come into the picture.

But as far as possible I try to make use of the native resolution. Thats the reason we purchase the display right?? ;)

@lord

Il only be using 8800GTS 320MB....il scale frm slightly lower res I guess....

thanks I am clear now....2407 it is..:) repped you...

Back