Laptops 2016 Apple Macbook pro accessories

Hi guys,

I'm creating this thread for people who are looking to buy the 2016 Macbook pro 13-inch or 15-inch model.
The goal of this thread is for us to discuss various accessories and anything else regarding the new Macbook.
I have decided to buy the 15-inch Macbook pro (base model) as I think that will be enough for my needs which include connecting 1 4k monitor and performing work. However I'm looking to buy a good bluetooth keyboard and mouse (hopefully ergonomical one) as I don't want 2 USB receivers to be plugged into a dongle .
I'll probably buy the apple magic keyboard , but I'm looking for good mouse . So if you have anything in mind , let me know.

Cheers :)

^^ Hasn't Apple already declared prices for India? It starts at 1.29L for the 13.3" without Touch Bar. 1.55L for 13.3" with Touch Bar...
@GODMODE09 I'd suggest you wait till next year, as price drops will be significant, and Apple might offer a 32GB RAM option too! :)

^^ Hasn't Apple already declared prices for India? It starts at 1.29L for the 13.3" without Touch Bar. 1.55L for 13.3" with Touch Bar...
@GODMODE09 I'd suggest you wait till next year, as price drops will be significant, and Apple might offer a 32GB RAM option too! :)

I'm getting it from Hongkong. 15-inch starting model for 1.6L. Think that'a a pretty good price no?

Is 16GB bad? What won't it run?[DOUBLEPOST=1478461737][/DOUBLEPOST]
We might be picking up 1-2 13.3 MBPs for the office, the entry level model without the touch panel. Have asked for prices.

lmk what USB-C hub u getting. Read that it needs to be a good one and bad quality ones causes problems esp because it charges the laptop and power should be right and smooth. Apparently not all manufactures follow that quality standard for USB-C

^ Not decided on the USB Hub as of now, but will update. We might go for an all in one USB Hub, which can do video out as well.

Yup, it has, the 15 inch 512GB is close to 2.5L! WTH!

And with no option of 32gb ram, I am pretty sure, we are gonna have another release soon, Till then, I am sticking to my Late 2013 model. For any power user/developer 16gb is already very limiting.

I'm getting it from Hongkong. 15-inch starting model for 1.6L. Think that'a a pretty good price no?

Is 16GB bad? What won't it run?

If you're a casual user, 16GB RAM is probably enough for everyday browsing, checking emails, watching movies and so on. But as @mutant said in the above post, for a power user/developer, 16GB RAM is very, very limiting! There were many people angered by the new MBP, because

1.) The price ($500 more expensive than previous generation. $500 more for that Touch Bar!)

2.) Lack of (legacy?) ports like USB-Type A, SD card slot, HDMI, Thunderbolt 2, MagSafe, and instead relying only on USB-Type C when it hasn't even taken off yet!

3.) A dongle-laden future! Check out the many posts on the internet, which shows you how to plug in the iPhone 7 to the new MBP!!! That is why recently, Apple had slashed off the prices of most USB-C dongles.

4.) Some were complaining about the Butterfly mechanism keyboard too, as it involves very low key travel as compared to the scissor mechanism found in older MBPs.

5.) They used Skylake processors instead of Kabylake, so in a matter of two or three months, the processors are going to be outdated!

6.) Performance improvements from broadwell to skylake weren't exactly significant (Sure, every model has performed higher in benchmarking applications, but only marginally)

7.) Oops, forgot to mention, no 32GB RAM option!

8.) No discrete GPU option for 13" MBP

9.) Aimed more at Prosumers and Apple fanboys more than creative artists and professionals.

Last edited:
Yup, it has, the 15 inch 512GB is close to 2.5L! WTH!

And with no option of 32gb ram, I am pretty sure, we are gonna have another release soon, Till then, I am sticking to my Late 2013 model. For any power user/developer 16gb is already very limiting.

I actually thought of upgrading to this new one, when I heard the rumors of the OLED Touch Panel. It sounded fancy and cool, but after seeing the price and the numerous disadvantages, I decided to stick with my Late 2012 MBP. That was the first Retina model ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1478539677][/DOUBLEPOST]
We ask our corporate dealer for this.

So you'll receive some concession on the prices? :\ I really don't get it, sorry!

One of the main reasons I'm getting a mac is to run Mac OS with much better hardware . I have been a windows user throughout my life and Windows 10 is so irritating.
Updating all the time when I switch on and shutdown and buggy with tons of unnecessary stuff installed in it.
I almost bought the Dell XPS 15. Looks really good with a compact form factor. But after watching the reviews everyone saying it suffers from wifi adapter issues and BCOD , I decided not to.
Ton of users still use their really old macbooks and are happy with it says about the longetivity of the product. These stuff convinced me to get the macbook.
Correct me if I'm wrong , but getting the entry level 15-inch macbook for 1.6L looks like a good deal for me. I'm gonna use it for medium demanding stuff connected to a 4k monitor. No heavy gaming or editing at all.
I expect it to just work smoothly out of the box and keep working for the next 3-4 years.

One of the main reasons I'm getting a mac is to run Mac OS with much better hardware . I have been a windows user throughout my life and Windows 10 is so irritating.
Updating all the time when I switch on and shutdown and buggy with tons of unnecessary stuff installed in it.
I almost bought the Dell XPS 15. Looks really good with a compact form factor. But after watching the reviews everyone saying it suffers from wifi adapter issues and BCOD , I decided not to.
Ton of users still use their really old macbooks and are happy with it says about the longetivity of the product. These stuff convinced me to get the macbook.
Correct me if I'm wrong , but getting the entry level 15-inch macbook for 1.6L looks like a good deal for me. I'm gonna use it for medium demanding stuff connected to a 4k monitor. No heavy gaming or editing at all.
I expect it to just work smoothly out of the box and keep working for the next 3-4 years.
Would be SOLID for your usecase, go for it. You will be really happy you did :)

@GODMODE09, trust me you'll love it! But then, IF something goes wrong, be ready to let out some heavy cash. No offense, I'm just letting you know both sides :) For example, I bought my Mac sometime in May 2013, and had also purchased Apple Care, so it expired this past May! During February this year, I noticed the battery life was decreasing. I could no longer get those 7 hours on a charge, I could barely make it to 5 hours... I took it to the Apple Authorized Service Provider near my place. He looked at it and told it has just touched 250 cycles and that the battery health was fine. He told he also did some recalibration (or something?) and I went home. Two nights back, I got a notification in my Mac asking me to 'Service battery'. When I went to the same place, they're charging me 2k just for the technician to look at the damn machine, another 750 if it is a software fault, and somewhere around 12k if it was a hardware fault (all of it to change the battery). I did tell them that I noticed the battery life drain a few months back but they absolutely refused to accept my claim. So yeah, my warranty expired and I'm now left to pay for it... And not to mention, they made me wait for almost 45 minutes because the advisors were 'busy'! Moreover, when he handed over the bill, it told no service charge applicable! But I have to pay 1250 initially (service charge). When I asked that guy about it, he told me to check with Apple's website if I want! Now where the hell in Apple's website do they have these info?!! Honestly after seeing the service here, I really don't think my next purchase would be a Mac! So just think of all this also, before making your purchase... Hope I didn't scare you off too much! ;)

Thanks guys. Getting the 15-inch starting model upgrading the SSD to 512 GB and graphic card to 4GB Radeon 460. Costs 1.86L in hongkong.
Got to buy a USB-C to USB , HDMI adapter .
I'm waiting to see some review on youtube first before pulling the trigger.

Btw, I just wanted to let you guys know that, I checked in with an Apple Authorized Service Centre today once again, they told me to pay up Rs. 17,792 for the battery replacement. I denied and took away my laptop by paying 2k. They did mention that for the new Touch Bar equipped systems, if something goes wrong with that particular part, the cost for replacement will be similar i.e., ~17k. Honestly, getting an Apple product here is definitely not a wise choice, unless you're very rich, and don't mind paying those costs! The most horrible part is that Apple is advertising 1000 cycles before which the battery needs replacing, but mine just touched 270!! And having Apple Care is another waste, because the reason Apple mentions 3 years from the date of purchase is, the chances of the device or any particular component going kaput within 3 years is next to nil, judging by the quality of the components used by Apple. Not to mention, Apple Support in India totally sucks! Honestly, pissed off with Apple... Sorry guys! For those who think I'm talking like a Fandroid, I have an iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, and this MacBook Pro. I used to be so crazy about Apple products, but now... Meh!

Back