23% of Indian freelancers earn upto Rs 60 lakh per annum

Interesting thread. I would like to share my thoughts. Fresh out of school (techincally, not yet since I still got my CS exam left CBSE) and I have published two books so I guess I could call myself an author? Not sure on that but anyways, I wasn't a bestseller and I wanted ways to monetize my writing. I actually tried freelancing two years back, when I finished tenth grade and damn was I not prepared for things. I gave up on what seemed to be a stupid ass dream at that time. Now I am here, 18 years old and somewhat have a much better understanding of the world. There are actually a fair few jobs that I came across on Reddit but the thing is, I didn't have any sort of portfolio (which is really important when it comes to writing.) So I had to work for free and right now, I got a job that pays me roughly 0.015 Dollars to 0.02 Dollars. It ain't much but I can pump out like 30k words per month which roughly adds up to 600USD. And for an 18 y.o, I have to sya, taht's damn good. I can pay for my college as well with that money! It was hard though. I had to work for free for quite a while and finally, after interning and stuff only did I get the job.

Back