2500 BitTorrent Downloaders of 'The Hurt Locker' Face Lawsuit

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
2500 BitTorrent Downloaders of 'The Hurt Locker' Face Lawsuit

hurtlockerposter.jpg

Oscar-winning film - The Hurt Locker's movie studio Voltage pictures has filed a lawsuit against 2500 alleged BitTorrent downloaders of the movie in Florida last week .

Voltage pictures says that , all of those people downloaded "The Hurt Locker" illegally; as a result, it has lost millions of dollars in revenue.

One of the goal of the studio is to get a subpoena to reveal the sharers via their ISP addresses .

Previously in 2010 , the studio had filed a lawsuit against about 25000 alleged downloaders of the movie , which finally ended last December .

An undisclosed number of settlements were reached in this mega-case, but it's not known if it was financially worth it for the studio, according to TorrentFreak.

More than 250,000 people have been sued in the U.S , for illegal sharing and downloading via BTs , according to TorrentFreak .

Source

i am total noob at torrents and stuff. So if someone has downloaded this in India then also we can get a notice ??

P.S : i didn't download it
234.gif
asking just for the sake of it ..

The people who get sued have to pay hefty fines, apparently some friends friend had to shell out usd 80 grand for illegally downloading movies in college California.

It could be utter crap too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back