Monitors 27 inch Monitor Vs 40 inch TV

fLUX

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I wish to purchase a TV for total multimedia purpose. Will connect a ps3, PC and cable tv to the same. If anyone here has an experience using TV for gaming , is the input lag noticeable for offline gameplay. Also since the pixels are stretched as against a 27 inch monitor where the PPI will be higher , will it affect the clarity of the images when using from a distance of 4-5 feet.

Hi Guys,

I wish to purchase a TV for total multimedia purpose. Will connect a ps3, PC and cable tv to the same. If anyone here has an experience using TV for gaming , is the input lag noticeable for offline gameplay. Also since the pixels are stretched as against a 27 inch monitor where the PPI will be higher , will it affect the clarity of the images when using from a distance of 4-5 feet.
I had moved from my Benq 27 inch 1080p monitor to a 40 Inch 1080p tv about 2 years ago. I can sum up my experience below
- There was a significant lack of color calibration on the tv once I made the move
- The extra screen real estate was super awsome. Plus I could just sit on the couch and play games on a gamepad of wireless KB mouse (would highly suggest logitech G602)
- There was visible input lag. Almost all TVs will have
- There are occasional input compatibility issues with my PC as the TV was hooked on to the home theatre.
- Most GPUs will have scaling issues with the TV (more so since I moved to a 980Ti). Though this problem is limited to windows and gaming won't have any scaling issue, normal day to day use is affected

Now I finally am moving on to a 144Hz monitor. Because the color calibration and input lag make much more difference in gaming than I had imagined.

Back