Monitors 27' Monitor recommendation

kartikoli

Skilled
I am using my old trusted Dell ST2220L but now I think I can take a jump so please suggest me a good if not best 27' Monitor. I have not seen any 1440p or higher resolution monitor in 20k range so would like to know if I stick with 1080p.

There are few promotions going on these days so its better I get one now.
Please recommend
I have selected 2 monitors (just a random search)
http://www.ebay.in/itm/LG-IPS-27-27...801120?hash=item3d06e6e860:g:4KkAAOSwFnFWBaHK
http://www.ebay.in/itm/LG-IPS-27MP3...323351?hash=item3f54b89817:g:vRkAAOSwsB9WDs~8

Are these good? Should I spend 20k on 1080p as I think in 2016 we will see 1440p will become mainstream but then the prices of these monitors are quite high and there will be a sharp decline in prices.

BenQ gw2760hs,Samsung s27E390.You can check out these two along with the lg mp77.Benq is va,samsung pls and lg ah-ips.I think most will probably skip 1440p and move straight to 4k.

I ordered a Dell U2515H for 24k just yesterday. Its a 25 inch 1440p monitor. It is slightly smaller and somewhat more expensive than what you are looking for, but a very good monitor.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll stick to Indian market and buy 1080p monitor and go for 4k maybe in 2~3 yrs so now the requirement are very simple so what should be my options.

I ordered a Dell U2515H for 24k just yesterday. Its a 25 inch 1440p monitor. It is slightly smaller and somewhat more expensive than what you are looking for, but a very good monitor.
Can you kindly link me up where from you ordered U2515H for that cheap?

Can you kindly link me up where from you ordered U2515H for that cheap?

I ordered from Dell directly. See this thread I made. They take a while to deliver, about 3 weeks, so I haven't received the monitor yet :(. They also quoted 34k for the U2715H, but I think this price will go down a bit if you negotiate. Didn't pursue it as I was buying the U2515H.

You can email online_india@dell.com or I can pm you the email of the guy I contacted.

Today went to the market and one of the shop offered me Samsung Curved Monitor for 21k (Model 27D590) Though I was unable to find the specific monitor online but what he told me that the monitor has 1440p/5ms/VA panel.

I dont care about curve but it has the resolution I want, is it good to spend on VA panel?

I ordered from Dell directly. See this thread I made. They take a while to deliver, about 3 weeks, so I haven't received the monitor yet :(. They also quoted 34k for the U2715H, but I think this price will go down a bit if you negotiate. Didn't pursue it as I was buying the U2515H.

You can email online_india@dell.com or I can pm you the email of the guy I contacted.

They just quoted me 48K for the U2715H and 40K for the U2515H! :confused:

They just quoted me 48K for the U2715H and 40K for the U2515H! :confused:

Eh? Thats shocking!

The dell guys are quite random. They often do not reply to mails sent to online_india@dell.com. I spoke to them in both September and October, both times they claimed they did not have the U2515H in stock. I sent a mail to their Small Business group last week and that guy again said U2515H is not in stock, but quoted 34k for the U2715H.

I then read the message posted by @st_sarc in this thread, took the contact details from him and wrote to that guy directly. He replied immediately and quoted me 24k for the U2515H at the first go. I didn't negotiate any further and placed the order.

If you want I can pm you the mail address of the guy I wrote to.

Today went to the market and one of the shop offered me Samsung Curved Monitor for 21k (Model 27D590) Though I was unable to find the specific monitor online but what he told me that the monitor has 1440p/5ms/VA panel.

I dont care about curve but it has the resolution I want, is it good to spend on VA panel?

I am not sure if the 27D590 has a 1440p resolution. It IS a VA panel though. See this link- 27’’ SERIES 5 27D590 LED CURVED MONITOR

Ask the shopkeeper to show you the monitor's specs online.

Eh? Thats shocking!

The dell guys are quite random. They often do not reply to mails sent to online_india@dell.com. I spoke to them in both September and October, both times they claimed they did not have the U2515H in stock. I sent a mail to their Small Business group last week and that guy again said U2515H is not in stock, but quoted 34k for the U2715H.

I then read the message posted by @st_sarc in this thread, took the contact details from him and wrote to that guy directly. He replied immediately and quoted me 24k for the U2515H at the first go. I didn't negotiate any further and placed the order.

If you want I can pm you the mail address of the guy I wrote to.
That will be great!

I am not sure if the 27D590 has a 1440p resolution. It IS a VA panel though. See this link- 27’’ SERIES 5 27D590 LED CURVED MONITOR

Ask the shopkeeper to show you the monitor's specs online.

That will be great!
yeah I found this monitor on snapdeal and it shows 1080p, If its 1440p then I will simply purchase it else will go for cheapest IPS panel (http://www.ebay.in/itm/LG-IPS-27MP3...323351?hash=item3f54b89817:g:vRkAAOSwsB9WDs~8)
Or is there anything for me in this range

What will use this monitor for? Gaming? Movies?

VA panel recommendations-

Benq GW2760HS
Samsung 27D590

IPS/PLS panel recommendations-

Samsung 27e390hl

I would prefer the Benq GW2760HS. It has received a lot of good reviews and has a thin bezel. Great value for money.

What will use this monitor for? Gaming? Movies?

VA panel recommendations-

Benq GW2760HS
Samsung 27D590

IPS/PLS panel recommendations-

Samsung 27e390hl

I would prefer the Benq GW2760HS. It has received a lot of good reviews and has a thin bezel. Great value for money.
It will be used mainly for work websites, google spreadsheet etc... but I do game when ever I get free time (which is rare now a days lol). I was expecting to play these latest games on my 780Ti before I go to big brother 980. Also I do watch movies as well so it will be used for all 3 purposes but main is gaming and work (I have to sit in front of PC for a long time and work on google spreadsheet so clear text is important).

Since I cant find any 1440p monitor in my range so its better to go for second choice 1080p+IPS or would you advice going for VA panel.
My only concern is that I'll upgrade in 2yrs to 4k (Hopefully) then VA monitor will sell for less and people will ask is it IPS and things like that

Back