Budget 31-40k 27" WQHD/2k/1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor Within 40-45k

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Adept
Sep 2, 2008
I am waiting for someone to but it and post their review. rtings has reviewed and said the black uniformity is not good and also the performance of this monitor in a dark room is not good. Guess this is something common or uncommon with IPS Panels.

Marcus Fenix

Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Kolkata
I am waiting for someone to but it and post their review. rtings has reviewed and said the black uniformity is not good and also the performance of this monitor in a dark room is not good. Guess this is something common or uncommon with IPS Panels.
Backlight bleed is one downside of any IPS monitor. If you want good movie experience go with VA as black levels are better on the Samsung VA panels.

If its mixed usage with a tilt towards gaming then IPS is ahead of VA right now.

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Adept
Sep 2, 2008
Backlight bleed is one downside of any IPS monitor. If you want good movie experience go with VA as black levels are better on the Samsung VA panels.

If its mixed usage with a tilt towards gaming then IPS is ahead of VA right now.
I have a Dell 2407-HC (VA) Panel that has been serving me well for almost 10 years but getting stuck @ 60fps takes all the fun away. I am waiting for someone here to buy this monitor and then basis of the review/feedback will get mine. I dont trust youtube reviews. maybe tftcentral or rtings. Or its time go for an UW LG850/950 monitor whenever it comes in the future.

Marcus Fenix

Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Kolkata
Seems like Gigabyte might be launching a cheaper series of models compared to the Aorus lineup-

I love how easy and simple their naming convention is-
G27QC means gaming monitor 27 inch QHD Curved.

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
Almost all curved panels are VA panels manufactured by Samsung.

AUOptonices makes some AMVA panels but I am not sure if they are curved or not.
A
Seems like Gigabyte might be launching a cheaper series of models compared to the Aorus lineup-

I love how easy and simple their naming convention is-
G27QC means gaming monitor 27 inch QHD Curved.
I like G27QC but may not be an IPS panel.

Marcus Fenix

Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Kolkata
A

I like G27QC but may not be an IPS panel.
AFAIK there are no curved IPS monitors only VA.

Both of the curved panels are VA models.

I have a curved monitor currently and the curvature is unnecessary on a <32" monitor in my opinion.

It only makes sense if you have an ultrawide monitor.

I will be sticking with a flat IPS panel for my next purchase.

Reactions: muzux2