Storage Solutions 3.5" HDD PCB power supply issue - need help

alive hunter

Disciple
I have a 3.5"WD Black 2 TB harddisk. 2 yrs old not in Warranty.
Suddenly it had stopped working. I suspected it should be HDD PCB Power Issue.

I am interested in making the HDD work rather than data recovery.

Got it diagnosed though a chip-level repairer, to which the repairer said - issue with the PCB Power .
but he dint open up the PCB.

Can anyone please suggest any good genuine repairer, who can repair the PCB (if its a PCB issue)
I am from Mumbai. anyone from MUMBAI who can help me.. or give any reference ?

I have been to few data recovery guys, but these guys are only interested in data recovery not to repair the HDD.

pls suggest.

It's not possible now days. All the chips on PCB's are programmed to encrypt data by default and changing the PCB will only allow you to get a blank HDD of 2TB. It may not work properly also. Your data is gone forever. Just forget it.

Even WD gives 3 years to their Blue lineup and 5 years to Black lineup of drives. Why don't you RMA it since it's only 2 years old right.

But I think data might get lost in the process so better recover data before sending for RMA.

I have a 3.5"WD Black 2 TB harddisk. 2 yrs old not in Warranty.
Suddenly it had stopped working. I suspected it should be HDD PCB Power Issue.

I am interested in making the HDD work rather than data recovery.

Got it diagnosed though a chip-level repairer, to which the repairer said - issue with the PCB Power .
but he dint open up the PCB.

Can anyone please suggest any good genuine repairer, who can repair the PCB (if its a PCB issue)
I am from Mumbai. anyone from MUMBAI who can help me.. or give any reference ?

I have been to few data recovery guys, but these guys are only interested in data recovery not to repair the HDD.

pls suggest.
Was it ever dropped or mishandled?
Did you tried the refrigerator plastic bag method?
Did you ever monitored the health of the disk at regular intervals?

Was it ever dropped or mishandled?
Did you tried the refrigerator plastic bag method?
Did you ever monitored the health of the disk at regular intervals?
Was never dropped or mishandled..
no.. did not try refrigerator plastic method.. dint knew abt it.. will find out...and read...thx for info.
Yes .. always use to check the health of the disk.. was 100% good...
Post automatically merged:

Even WD gives 3 years to their Blue lineup and 5 years to Black lineup of drives. Why don't you RMA it since it's only 2 years old right.

But I think data might get lost in the process so better recover data before sending for RMA.
this was a RMA one given to me in replacement of my 1 TB Blue .. the third time in the warranty period.. but was not a refurbished one.. I have checked with WD .. it was a Fresh new piece. So the warranty was continued one from 1TB blue.

Back