Less than 10K 3.5 K Android

AMG

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: 3.5 K
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: whatever
3. Preferred display type?
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: whatever.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: mails and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: 512 RAM at the minimum
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax A58 http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-bo...=a58&ref=d6ddf55b-effa-46d0-9713-2facad285f96
Karbonn Smart A5i http://www.flipkart.com/karbonn-sma...=a5i&ref=59f5879c-0aa7-47c3-bd56-f29558e1a90a

I'll make it easier for you.

The Karbonn has 512 MB Internal memory which will be better for apps.
But it has Android 2.3

The Micromax has Android 4.2.2.
The internal memory is only 90 MB though.

The apps that I will be using are:
1. Facebook
2: Gmail
3: Whatsapp
4: BBM
5: Hill Climb Racing
6: Rediff
7: The bundled media player

Thats it.

The issue is that I'm not really a pro at rooting and stuff, and would like to avoid it, unless the MMX is significantly better than the other option.

Thats strange, because I heard that the latest android versions were designed to run on lower end devices, but still nevertheless, I'm edging towards the Karbonn.

Thats strange, because I heard that the latest android versions were designed to run on lower end devices, but still nevertheless, I'm edging towards the Karbonn.
kitkat uses less ram than other v4

you can see it like this , xp uses less ram (android 2.3), vista, 7 uses more ram (android 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3) and 8 uses less ram ( kitkat)

if you want v4 then mmx bolt a58 is also good (indeed better than a5i due to dual core) http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-bolt-a58/p/itmduzj9pvynwbny?pid=MOBDPZZR65PETYZH

guys, always consider the online purchase of chinese company phones. they refuse to service your phone stating its not a verified purchase. went through a headache trying to get my karbonn a15 serviced. they say they'll have to submit purchase proof to company and when you inquire abt status some days later, they say they are not getting reply from company. its all pathetic and deplorable.

as i was suspecting, there is a review on bolt by one of the members stating the service centre is not accepting online bill. this is not only applicable to karbonn/micromax, but also to lenovo which has warned people against buying products online. people are fans of these 3rd class companies only until some problems show up and then the customer care/ service centre guys treat you like shit

Actually the fact is that if anything goes wrong with the phone, I'd just throw it away, rather than waste my precious time trying to get it repaired.
And also I keep losing my phones, thats why I never buy a really expensive one.

However it just occurred to me that MotoG would also suffer from the same problem, considering that its sold only online, and there are hardly any service centres to talk about.

However it just occurred to me that MotoG would also suffer from the same problem, considering that its sold only online, and there are hardly any service centres to talk about.
It is really shady which company will honor online warranty and which wont. As far as cameras go, nikon had issued an advisory as well, but it seems for these, they honor warranty. I think we should start a thread on the online warranty status and update it frequently as per consumer experiences.

Back