Budget 51-70k 3080 FE or TP card?

3080 are having some crash issues. I would recommend that you wait for Nvidia to release a public statement acknowledging the issue and if its a hardware design fault or something that can be solved by driver updates. Its entirely possible that they might downclock the card in future driver updates to prevent this and newer batches don't have this problem.

Go for Founder's edition. There are reports of games crashing under load and TP makers have cheaped out on power delivery components

i believe only Asus TUF 3080 is using high end capacitors to handle power delivery . There are plethora of videos now available to demo this. FE card is still the best.

i would wait till the BIG Navi comes out.

FE is good but also has power limits of 370W as per GN teardown. X Trio also has good capacitors but none are available. Its all setup for Amd now.

FE is good but also has power limits of 370W as per GN teardown. X Trio also has good capacitors but none are available. Its all setup for Amd now.

my friend it is a technical limit ,two pcie power connector would provide 150+150 and pcie slot would provide 375 .Adding a third power connector to pll bit of more power and negligible power bump is utter stupidity

1601296381338.png

Found on PCMR.

I thought third party card developers had better design than FE , but almost all of the TP cards looks way uglier .. after seeing FE , others look like a decade old design.

Back