32" TV for Bedroom for use with Fire Stick, will be wall mounted

raksrules

Elite
1. Budget. - Cheaper the Better

2. Viewing distance. - 3-7 Feet (since it is in bedroom)

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. - Will use Fire Stick with it, mostly 4K one (only due to it being better spec)

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - Anything

5. Preference for brands. - Good After sales service, shouldn't just fail out of no where

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No, prefer online buying or store like Vijay Sales etc.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. - Bedroom so may be watched sometimes in total darkness or in daytime with windows open so ample light.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
--Not really

Looking for a 32 Inch HDTV for Bedroom. 1080p resolution is preferred. I will use 4K Fire TV Stick with it or may be the cheaper non 4K one (not sure yet). TV can be smart or dumb, doesn't matter but if smart TV is available, I would opt for that (with youtube, netflix etc apps). I don't really need to connect to any cable or DTH as such an mostly everything will be streamed.
Most important thing is that TV will be wall mounted so I should be able to easily do that. I plan to use some sort of flexible mount with which tv can be moved so I can easily access ports behind it. But if the ports and buttons are always on side, then fixed mount is also fine.

Also some research I did and feel that in 32 inch size, there are probably no Full HD TVs available. Only HD Ready or 720p ones. Not sure if it will matter.
Are Mi Brand TV worth considering ?

Last edited:
fire stick requires a wall point for ac adapter near the tv. i was going to buy the non 4k one and saw it connects to hdmi port of tv and requires a wall point nearby to connect fire tv ac adapter. wall point for me is quite far off from where the tv is mounted so i didn't buy since i doubt the ac adapter wire will be more than 1.5m in length.

I'm using a full hd 32" sanyo (online only brand of panasonic) since past 3 years. its not smart but good enough. 1 got 2 years free warranty when i bought it from amazon.
there's no 32" full hd in sanyo now. Closest FHD they are selling is 43" for - 17.9k.

i heard mi led tv shows ads in their smart tv. MI is pushing ads on indian customers everywhere.

@6pack

As far as MI TVs are concerned, you mean they show ads when you are watching regular channels like sony sab etc using HDMI (through tata sky etc box) or they show on their homepage of the android UI ? I believe one can install something like Blockada to block those ads right ?

43 Inch sounds good on paper but for a bedroom which isn't big, the TV would feel huge I feel. Our main TV in hall is 46 Inch and hall is decent sized and we feel that the 46 inch is good enough for that. I think I may have to do with HD Ready ones and that is ok.

@6pack

As far as MI TVs are concerned, you mean they show ads when you are watching regular channels like sony sab etc using HDMI (through tata sky etc box) or they show on their homepage of the android UI ? I believe one can install something like Blockada to block those ads right ?

43 Inch sounds good on paper but for a bedroom which isn't big, the TV would feel huge I feel. Our main TV in hall is 46 Inch and hall is decent sized and we feel that the 46 inch is good enough for that. I think I may have to do with HD Ready ones and that is ok.

Ads on homepage on its default GUI Patchwall.

If you are strictly restricted to size of 32" go for second hand lcd`s. Majority of people are upgrading for size or smart stuff resulting in selling their existing cheap on olx etc. If you are ok for 43" mi tv is perfect for your needs. You can consider similar brands like VU and TCL too, but suggest to get full HD for sure.

32" would mostly HD. Cheapest 32" FHD on Flipkart is about 28K vs Vu 32" for 10.5K. I would suggest to demo 32" HD screen and check if it suits your needs.

Just want to update everyone. I got the Mi TV 4A Pro 32 Inch finally. I haven't even seen the TV personally so not much idea. Hope it works fine. Although it has android tv, mostly it will be used with fire stick.

Back