- Product name : WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive ( WD30EFRX)
- URL : http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=810
- Specs : http://www.wdc.com/global/products/specs/?driveID=1087&language=1
- Expected price : Rs. 9,300/-
- Shipping costs : As actuals
- Date of purchase : 22 Feb, 2014
- Warranty : Official Indian warranty till 7 Feb, 2017 (3 years)
- Reason for sale : Need to downgrade - see below *
- Purchase invoice available : Yes
- Product condition : Brand new, mint condition. Pack opened only for testing
- Accessories included : Comes with a WD Red Nas Storage sticker
- Location preference : Navi / Mumbai buyers get first preference
Only interested buyers need respond, rest and trolls please PM ;-)
* Detailed reason for sale. Interested buyers also read. For some more technical info see my other thread.
I bought this HDD for my dual boot pc with both Win Xp and 7. However, Windows Xp (32-bit) natively supports only up to 2TB. The drive works perfectly with Windows 7 64-bit if partitioned as GPT disk. Since I need to use an internal sata storage drive which will also work natively in Xp, I will be getting the same drive(s) in 2TB. Drive runs cool and is fast enough.
Note: This drive works with Xp if connected via a USB to Sata adaptor. The usb-sata chip translates the platter geometry to work seamlessly with any OS. I have tried it plugged into a Seagate backup plus base-dock, and it will also work inside USB enclosures like the WD My Book. But please check online if it will work in the specific enclosure you have in mind. I will not be responsible if it doesn't. Will also work in a NAS box as it's designed to :-/
Please note the benchmarks are taken on my aging Athlon 64 x2 4800+ system with 2GB Ram running on a M2a-vm hdmi mobo. Also the storage subsystem on my mobo is Sata 3Gb/s, while the drive is natively 6Gb/s, so expect better results on a newer system.