40k budget pc ... i really need suggestions

ujustbugme

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 38-40k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
nothing

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
nothing

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. Benq G2220HD
2. ATI HD5750 1gb( any manufacturer - whichever cheapest)
3.altec lansing vs2421
4. ups - whichever suitable
5. do i really need a PSU ? ....cant i buy an Iball cabinet which already hv internal SMPS ... cuz i really hv a tight budget ...if necessary do tell
6.4gb ram
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No upgrades

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Delhi - Nehru Place .... please suggest good shops

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. Not sure

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Intel for processor ... are the AMD processors any good ... cuz i hv nvr seen ne one own one ...

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
( Call of duty , Crysis , GTA , FIFA , NFS and types )

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920x1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. Yes - eventually a year down

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7

do i really need a PSU ? ....cant i buy an Iball cabinet which already hv internal SMPS ... cuz i really hv a tight budget ...if necessary do tell

Would you run a 25k worth split AC without a stabilizer? Running a 40k worth Gaming Rig in a IBall PSU is similar to that.

If you want your gaming PC to last you for more than 6-12 months then you should invest in a good PSU

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) 10500

Motherboard MSI 785G-E53 (combo)

RAM 2GB/4GB(2*2GB) 1333MHz Kingston DDRIII RAM 2700/5400

HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2350

GPU Sapphire HD5750 1GB GDDR5 8250

Monitor Benq G2220HD 7650

Cabinet Zebronics Bijili 1100

PSU/SMPS Gigabyte Superb 460w 2200

Key Board Logitech MMKB Combo 700

Mouse NA -

ODD L.G. GH22NS30 /Samsung SH-S22F SATA DVD-Writer 1100

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2421 2200

Total 38750/41450

If on a tight budget you can opt for 2GB RAM now and then go for 2GB more when DDR3 RAM prices dip.

If you are lucky you may unlock the 555BE processor to a quad core.

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/unlocked-amd-phenom-555-be-161939.html

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/amd-phenom-ii-555-be-unlocked-161617.html

You can also get a <2 months old Sapphire HD5770 in the market section for 8.5k which lets you go for a better GPU.

http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/sapphire-hd-5770-1gb-2-cards-161635.html

http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/brand-new-sapphire-hd-5770-1gb-161084.html

For UPS you can go for the Numeric 600VA ~ 1.55k/APC 550VA ~ 1.9k. Both has 2 yrs onsite warranty.

thnks for the d suggestion ....

but is this processor really better than an intel quad core processor Q8300 or the likes with DG 41RQ Mobo ..

and which UPS should i use .. since power cuts are a major prob in india ....

and how much is the cost of 1TB HDD .. m a real muvi enthusiast and love collecting movies and TV shows .. so wud be needing a bit more hdd space

i dont want a second hand piece .... i'm ok with the 5750

for cost cutting can i go for ddr2 ram ... or waiting for upgrading would be a better option & wat wud be the maximum ram that can be added on this board

i'hv heard AMD processors hv a problem of overheating ......

are they really worth it ... and are there any intel substitutes for this configuration ....... and also please provide ddr2 options as well .. as it is going a lil over budget

The board mentioned above will not support DDR2 and it is better if you opt for a DDR3 board now as DDR2 is on its way out, the board also has integrated ATI 4200 graphics chipset so if you really need to cut costs go ahead and drop the graphics card and you can get one later when you have the budget also the integrated graphics will be able to handle HD movie playback and it also has an HDMI port, but if you intend to use this rig for heavy gaming then i would suggest a graphics card.

Back