42 inch HDTV suggestion

So after a loooong research and comparison at last i bought Panasonic TH-L42E6D @ 57K..:D I'm extreamly happy with my purchase to be honest this TV is worth every penny,You won't regret..!
>3 Years Warranty including Panel.
>Lightning protect is also included in warranty,that's awesome special diwali offer..:D
>Seriously this TV has really deep black that makes this model unique,compared with Sony w670a in showroom Sony is some what saturated..
>Sound is Clear,crisp and vivid.
>Too Many options to adjust the display Settings but there is one setting called "True CInema" its epic, works jus fabulaous Out-of box.

Have to explore many settings in coming days...:)

And thanks a loot for the members here especially "Kilroyquasar" to make my decision wiser..!;)
Cheers..

@afterburner: I take that you have seen the W670, could you tell me how were the blacks on it, in comparison to E6? And if you've watched any fast motioned stuffs already, do you notice that lower refresh rate causing any problem, picture getting blurry or something?
And Congrats a lot on the purchase.

So after a loooong research and comparison at last i bought Panasonic TH-L42E6D @ 57K..:D I'm extreamly happy with my purchase to be honest this TV is worth every penny,You won't regret..!
>Lightning protect is also included in warranty,that's awesome special diwali offer..:D
>Seriously this TV has really deep black that makes this model unique,compared with Sony w670a in showroom Sony is some what saturated..
>Too Many options to adjust the display Settings but there is one setting called "True CInema" its epic, works jus fabulaous Out-of box.

And thanks a loot for the members here especially "Kilroyquasar" to make my decision wiser..!;)
Cheers..

hearty congrats to you!! i can feel your elation here myself. :joyful:

the lightning-protection coverage is a new thing for me too. glad to know that. thanks for letting us know!

to best enjoy the true-cinema mode, get a low-powered bulb/light of white or similar light colour, install it behind the screen on the wall if possible, put out all the lights in the room at night, fire up the TV, play a gorgeous blu-ray movie (for eg, 'samsara'/'microcosmos'/'life cycles'), sit down with your whole family, and let everyone feast on the grandeur of the TV, and its grandiose experience! :)

P.S. - you know what requests would come your way. so better gear yourself up! yes, i am indicating towards PICS. please grace us with some. this thread deserves them justifiably. :happy:

@afterburner: I take that you have seen the W670, could you tell me how were the blacks on it, in comparison to E6? And if you've watched any fast motioned stuffs already, do you notice that lower refresh rate causing any problem, picture getting blurry or something?
And Congrats a lot on the purchase.

Well what i have to say,really you have to believe it through your eyes..because i also came to that conclusion like that..but i can say that this TV for this Price is Exceptional..!
Nothing has compromised on PQ,well i watched some sports didn't noticed any motion blur or lower refresh rate..i have to explore more..:D
This TV performs good with SD content too,I am using STB the content are up-scaled decent,u won't get 720p clarity but decent with no blur...
One thing i noticed is that whatever picture viewing setting i have given after switching the TV its not saved,its gets back to dynamic with next starting..
It plays almost all format that i throwed..!

@Kilroyquasar Yup bro didn't get much time yesterday but i watched one 1080p Movie..whats to say its really grandiose :) yup pics will upload soon once i reached home,now in office...!
Cheers...

Cheers..
Hey congrats buddy.
Please give feedback about fast paced sports on this tv. Is there any motion blur.
I wen to Reliance express last night as they had the E6 on display. But unfortunately it had some problems and was showing only two colors. So could not actually have a proper demo of the same. Will visit croma tomorrow for the demo. But i feel its a mere formality now since i have already made up my mind on buying it ;).
A local dealer has given me a quote of 54K in lower parel. So will be buying it from him.

that's nice!
i didn't know about these models, or might've forgotten after reading about them long back.

As promised Pics...:D

Bd7WUqp.jpg?1

teV7oWF.jpg?1

mOL4eWk.jpg?1

Cheers..;)

I thought that was the Cisco STB which cable provides. And yeah, once you watch HD you are done, sold to it, I can feel that with my tiny T.V., so I just imagine how's it with your gorgeous screen ;)

I thought that was the Cisco STB which cable provides. And yeah, once you watch HD you are done, sold to it, I can feel that with my tiny T.V., so I just imagine how's it with your gorgeous screen ;)

Yup cable provides Cisco STB which has only AV out but HD-STB has HDMI out if i connect to this gorgeous screen it will look a loooooot better than the standard STB with SD Content and there is option in settings called 1080p pixel direct if i connects HD-STB through HDMI..:D

Diwali is near did you made your decision Sony or Panasonic?;)

stupendous! the thin-bezel design gives it a real elegant look. post a few pics with some SD and HD content playing under dim lights as well later at your leisure.

also, keep an arrangement ready to protect the TV from water during the rains. :)

BTW, are you from Kerala?!

P.S. - get a good UPS/stabiliser and a spike-guard next, if you don't have them already.

Lol, how could rain reach the t.v set?

@afterburner: Need to ask you one more thing, as I was seeing on AV forums, some user was complaining that there was some ghosting effect when a black/dark scene is running, like at the last scenes for movie Zero Dark Thirty, could you give some feedback on that? This was the actual post,
Must admit, I've not noticed any motion issues with sports, as it was one of my biggest concerns when I bought the set. I've been through a number of sets with niggly issues but that has never been a problem.

What I can't get my head around is the "ghosting" effect in dark scenes. I've never seen anything so awful on a TV before. I mean, a bit of motion blur, or a slightly non-uniform backlight is liveable - but the ghosting makes things with dark scenes completely unwatchable.

It was really prominent when watching the final scenes of Zero Dark Thirty on blu-ray. A lot of it is a cross between dark action and "night vision" scenes. But this blurring ghost like effect on any movement, and I mean any, whether it is a slight movement of a face or somebody moving or running results in this horrible motion trail. Like the TV is still showing their face from half a second a go, whilst showing me where it currently is. To the point where you can't follow the action. It's like watching a scene in first person where somebody wakes up from like a coma and all they see is blur.

I'd took to the internet to find out whether it was just an "LCD vs plasma" thing, but it can't be - as its so bad people wouldn't buy LCD sets!

Source:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/19799978-post373.html

@ Kilroyquasar Yup bro i'm from Kerala and i have already bought stabilizer the salesman demands that...:)
Sure will post SD and HD content..;)

@ithehappy The truth is i didn't look that much closer...:D till now i didn't notice any blur or ghosting effect even i streamed full HD content from Youtube app,may be in coming days i have to concentrate on dark scenes...
i have to admit that Networking features of this TV is soo reliable and stable no crashing or whatever..
So all in all till now its complete worth of Money for the PQ and features it is offering...!

Lol, how could rain reach the t.v set?

@afterburner: Need to ask you one more thing, as I was seeing on AV forums, some user was complaining that there was some ghosting effect when a black/dark scene is running, like at the last scenes for movie Zero Dark Thirty, could you give some feedback on that? This was the actual post,

Source:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/19799978-post373.html

the TV has a fairly large opening to the balcony just adjacent to it, and a fierce rainstorm could push the rainwater till the hall to the TV-set. as it is, kerala is much susceptible to two phenomena - land sinking/subsidence/caving-in, and lightning-strikes. there have been many incidents of occurrences of both, and lightning striking inside some houses as well, through large open-windows, open-doorways, etc. (don't know how, but i've heard about these).

also, i think ghosting is characteristic to LCD/LED-LCD panels (i could be wrong, but i think i did read something like that long back). i also have seen it on several LCDs on display in showrooms. so probably on some TVs its less noticeable, and on others, more. don't know to what extent is it noticeable on the E6. AB should be able to enlighten us about this soon.

Last edited:
Back