4G Telecom Services Likely by next year in India.

The Sauron

Skilled
4G mobile telephony likely by next year: Industry

MUMBAI: Even as the third generation (3G) mobile telephony is at a pilot stage, technology players are hopeful that the more advanced 4G will be here sooner than later due to its sheer economic advantage over the former besides its easy upgradability on the existing infrastructure.

"The 4G is likely to be in India sooner than later, as early as next year, because it is economically more advantageous than 3G , apart as it can be easily upgraded on the existing infrastructure," said Nikhil Sadarangani of JDSU India, a provider of optical products and solutions.

So optimistic is Sadarangani about its roll out that he said, 4G application trials are likely to rolled out by next year as the technology is already here.

However, "its introduction in mobile handsets will depend on devices that are economical," he said adding that the initial focus will be on data and services.

Joining in, Tata Elxsi sales head, communications business, Mrinmoy Purkayastha noted that the pace of technological advancement is very fast in the country.

"With speed as a consideration, 4G will be introduced here in a phased manner from the next year. However, its transition from data services to mobile handsets may take some more time but by 2014-15 it is likely to become a reality," he said.
Source

4G mobile telephony likely by next year: Industry - The Economic Times

India Regulator to Send Proposals on 4G Telecom Services by June

India's telecommunications regulator said Friday it will send its proposals to the government by June on fourth-generation, or 4G, mobile technology that will allow users to watch high-definition video and download content on mobile devices at a much faster pace.

"We have floated a pre-consultation paper on 4G," J.S. Sarma, chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, told reporters on the sidelines of a conference. "At TRAI, we are readying ourselves for it," he said.

The regulator is likely to come up with a consultation paper on 4G in a month's time, Mr. Sarma said, adding that he expects operators to start offering 4G services next year.

The 4G technology, while in its infancy, holds the promise of Internet speeds at least five times faster than typical third-generation networks now common in Europe and the U.S.

The regulator's comments come at a time when India's telecom operators are yet to start full-fledged 3G mobile services across the country after receiving spectrum in a hotly contested auction last year. The auction saw telecom and Internet services providers together paying nearly $23 billion to the Indian government for bandwidth to offer 3G telephony and broadband wireless Internet services.

Separately, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said the ministry may look at extending the timeline for digitising television distribution networks across the country by a year.

The TRAI, which also regulates the broadcasting sector, had in a report submitted to the government last year suggested a Dec. 31, 2013, deadline for digitisation of networks.

But the regulator is now suggesting that the deadline be postponed to June 2014.

India has about 106 million cable and satellite television homes, of which about 26 million are connected through direct-to-home satellite television distribution companies. The remainder are connected mostly through analog cable systems, which often give room to disputes between broadcasters and cable TV companies on the number of users.

The government's digitisation move will boost its tax collections, ramp up subscription revenue for broadcasters and also provide customers a greater choice of channels.
Source

India Regulator to Send Proposals on 4G Telecom Services by June - WSJ.com

good info thx for that but overall its just a show off nothing else give stable and usable price. lol no one using 3g much who will take 4g lol

How about rolling out FIOS in india first? The thing on which they really need to work on is broadband in india...

.. new way to make people forget about 2G & SCAMS, soon we including media will busy in debating over 4G :( we Indian should agree on 1 thing that OUR politicians are very very SMART than SUPER COMPUTERS in any part of world.

I wonder if the policy makers sitting in the govt know anything about all these. 3G is here and there's lots of bandwidth available there, as much as 21 mbps. First let's find a way to utilize all that properly and get it to practical usage among masses. Then let's think about 4G or whatever.

^^ they are busy minting money by the sale of auction of that bandwidth. what companies do with that bandwidth is not their headache.

all they want is fill their coffers now.

maybe they are not sure they will come to power next time so they do not want the next government to earn money by that auction.

Even 3G is so freakin expensive that it's difficult to use without hurting one's budget. Maybe they should do something about that first.

delguy19 said:
good info thx for that but overall its just a show off nothing else give stable and usable price. lol no one using 3g much who will take 4g lol
Actually many people are using 3G. And the prices are pretty decent if you take prices in the developed countries for comparison. I'm using the "500MB for Rs 375/month" plan. 500 MB is more than enough for me for a month. Already have broadband at home and office.

It would be nice if people gave it some time. We have 2GB EDGE data plan for Rs 98/month on almost all private operators now don't we?

Currently, the lowest plan they have on the AT&T U.S. site is 200 MB of 3G data for $15(Rs. 664)/month. This is nearly 3 years after 3G was launched in the U.S. :|

comp@ddict said:
21Mbps is a joke, Airtel advertises 21Mbps, but sells modems which are hardware limited to 3.6Mbps
1151751671.png

expand your horizon .
P.S this was for a 10.2mbps phone

Sei said:
Actually many people are using 3G. And the prices are pretty decent if you take prices in the developed countries for comparison. I'm using the "500MB for Rs 375/month" plan. 500 MB is more than enough for me for a month. Already have broadband at home and office.

It would be nice if people gave it some time. We have 2GB EDGE data plan for Rs 98/month on almost all private operators now don't we?

Currently, the lowest plan they have on the AT&T U.S. site is 200 MB of 3G data for $15(Rs. 664)/month. This is nearly 3 years after 3G was launched in the U.S. :|
plz don't compare US purchasing power to india.

Sei said:

Good point.
Now I have to find a new job cos I need to earn $ instead rupee.
So,which job in India will paid me US$ ?
What an idea sir jee.....:bleh:

Back