4k media player under 10k needed.

A little subjective but I find the PQ on NF and AP to be superior to even the best rips I have tried
But yes, the Internet connections needs to be fast enough for that - I am lucky to have a 200mbps unlimited line so possibly that helps

However , if you want to use local files, I would strongly recommend to try out network playback , It's been more than a decade since I used a HDD via USB and I can't imagine going back to that
Even the most basic routers have switches that can handle the highest bitrates on a wired connection.
Most mid-range routers can comfortably handle that on wireless as well

Network playback is playing files from say pc or laptop to mediaplayer right ?> ie running a media server

Network playback is playing files from say pc or laptop to mediaplayer right ?> ie running a media server
Not necessary to run a media server.
Any device (laptop / server/ desktop ) running any OS (Mac/ Linux/ Windows) can be set to share a folder ..
The parent folder containing media files can be shared and you should be able to browse the contents pretty much the same way as you would browse it on a connected USB drive - but without the hassle of copying/pasting and physically connecting drives
Post automatically merged:

How are you handling the aggregation? I tried using a dual WAN router but it just wasn't that reliable.
I use untangle OS as the router although I have used sophos as well as a TP-link dual wan wired router but never faced any reliability issues
What is the issue you facing?

I think the only one that supports both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos is apple tv these days. if you have a tv that supports dolby vision, its worth getting apple tv.

Back