4k TV buying advice please

After this, i visited Big Bazaar and More just to have a check LG C8 cost they were coating 1.49L + around 10K for extended 2 year warranty, still got to check with Reliance and Croma.
Also Samsung Q6F was on display and it was looking good actually and Samsung Q7F will cost 1.4L and Samsung gives 10 years warranty over burn in didnt check further.
Is QLED any good?
That no burn in is hogwash. Only OLEDs have burn ins, so Samsung titled their TVs as QLEDs (to match the name) and gave a useless 10 year no burn in warranty. Of course the QLEDs will not burn in. Typical Samsung marketing.
Check if that 10k extended warranty is from Big Bazaar or LG. Most likely it will be the former. Reliance and Croma also give similar warranties.
You can bargain hard and get the price down to 1.3 or so.

That extended Warranty was from big bazaar.. I asked for a compitative price and they have theirs.
They were saying if I find any other offer less than theirs then they'll reduce further to match that offer.

That extended Warranty was from big bazaar.. I asked for a compitative price and they have theirs.
They were saying if I find any other offer less than theirs then they'll reduce further to match that offer.
Well, search around multiple stores. I started with an LG Shoppe at 1.5l (price matching Amazon at that time), and worked my way through Croma, finally buying from Reliance Digital for 1.3l and 23k cashback (so net 1.07l).

Hey guys,
Bumping this thread up again for tv buying advice.
I’m looking for a 55-65 inch tv. I’m flexible on the budget but would like to keep at max 100k.
I had a look at OLEDs at a vijay sales showroom and quite honestly I found the picture quality rather unimpressive! The LED panels were brighter and the colours seemed more vibrant - I didn’t find the OLED panels to be much better picture quality wise. What am I missing here?
Also, are there any thoughts on the likes of VU, Kevin, TCL - value for money or hogwash/avoidable.
Would really appreciate some insights on this. Tha ks

Hey guys,
I’m looking for a 55-65 inch tv. I’m flexible on the budget but would like to keep at max 100k.
I had a look at OLEDs at a vijay sales showroom and quite honestly I found the picture quality rather unimpressive! The LED panels were brighter and the colours seemed more vibrant - I didn’t find the OLED panels to be much better picture quality wise. What am I missing here?
Also, are there any thoughts on the likes of VU, Kevin, TCL - value for money or hogwash/avoidable.

Get the frame. Though it's 1k more than what was price yesterday. I got it for 73k. Samsung frame. 55" QLED, 120 Refresh rate. It's beautiful and is on deal. Let me know if u get it, will give you a way to get 1k more disc. use icici card to et 9k disc.

Get the frame. Though it's 1k more than what was price yesterday. I got it for 73k. Samsung frame. 55" QLED, 120 Refresh rate. It's beautiful and is on deal. Let me know if u get it, will give you a way to get 1k more disc. use icici card to et 9k disc.
Can you share a link for the deal and the product?

Here you go. I got it for 78k yesterday. Its initial price was 83k but today its 85k.
wait and buy it today at 12 midnight. it will be for 73k again. why waste 5k bro. use icici card.

Hey guys,
OLEDs ideally need a dark room to justify the infinite contrast ratio. And most showrooms will anyway blow out the QLEDs and LEDs to max, whereas OLEDs will be a tad muted to prevent burn in.

Personally own an OLED (C8), and it has spoilt every other panel for me. Natural and vibrant !

I have a 49" FHD TV and I use a firestick 2nd gen.

I'm thinking of getting a 55" UHD 4K HDR10 smart TV. (iffalcon k31 by TCL)

It's a budget TV NOT a high end 4K. On my budget I can't get a higher end 4K TV.

One of the things I'm worried how 720p and lower content will look on this TV.

Is it worth the upgrade? Should I wait for a year or two for 4K to become more mainstream?

The thing that gives me pause is I wonder if I end up with a poorer experience by going 4K.

Right now a lot of content is still HD. So, I wonder if I'm just wasting money and have a poor viewing experience when 4K is still not mainstream?

One part of me says wait for two years for 4k to mature and another says to upgrade for the Netflix, Prime video 4K content.

The thing that gives me pause is I wonder if I end up with a poorer experience by going 4K.

Right now a lot of content is still HD. So, I wonder if I'm just wasting money and have a poor viewing experience when 4K is still not mainstream?

One part of me says wait for two years for 4k to mature and another says to upgrade for the Netflix, Prime video 4K content.

Do you still watch DTH ? If not, I think you can take plunge.

No. I don't watch DTH
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know if TCL iffalcon k31 55" 4K TV has HDCP 2.2?

Without it I won't be able to connect it to Apple TV 4k

Last edited:
Here you go. I got it for 78k yesterday. Its initial price was 83k but today its 85k.
wait and buy it today at 12 midnight. it will be for 73k again. why waste 5k bro. use icici card.

How was your experience with this TV?

I did get one, but cursing myself why did i buy without demo'ing it :( Not happy with the picture quality at all, fiddling with different settings does not give out best of it. Colors looking washed out or dull, poor viewing angle. Picture quality is no where near my other TV(Sony W950D). Sometime i watch in living room(samsung) then later continue to watch the same video in another room(sony), So i could immediately see difference. Before buying this frame tv, i had used sony in living room and Vu in another room, with that setup, i've not faced this much quality difference :(

I did get one, but cursing myself why did i buy without demo'ing it :( Not happy with the picture quality at all, fiddling with different settings does not give out best of it. Colors looking washed out or dull, poor viewing angle. Picture quality is no where near my other TV(Sony W950D). Sometime i watch in living room(samsung) then later continue to watch the same video in another room(sony), So i could immediately see difference. Before buying this frame tv, i had used sony in living room and Vu in another room, with that setup, i've not faced this much quality difference :(
Darn it. :(
The TV was delivered on Friday and the Samsung guy called to say that he can do the installation on Wednesday after Dussehra.

I am having a wonderful time with it, I can say you might have received a defective piece, go ahead and ask for replacement. Mine is perfect.

My review : https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot...ultra-hd-4k-qled-smart-tv?page=2#post_6162002

I am having a wonderful time with it, I can say you might have received a defective piece, go ahead and ask for replacement. Mine is perfect.

My review : https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot...ultra-hd-4k-qled-smart-tv?page=2#post_6162002
I disabled intelligent mode, it's slightly better. But still can't stand in front of the Sony TV. You can definitely see the difference in people faces and skin tones... Maybe i won't notice these differences if I don't have any other TV at home.

For example, in this below video, ranjit's face in left side show greenish with grey shadow... But the same in other TVs and mobile show natural tone.

Last edited:
Not sure if this works for TVs too but for PCs, its APC or Cyberpower.
Those types of inverters output square waves. This does not cause an issue with the SMPS of a PC but other electronics likes sine wave.

So if a UPS is a must then ensure it has a sine wave output.

9. Usage: To play games, watch movies via Netflix, prime & USB and occasionally DTH
Which do you do more of ? play games or watch movies

Too much ambient light in the show room. OLED works better in dimmer lighting.

The samsung qled work better with more ambient lighting as the brightness goes higher.

If you view in a well lit room, qled is better. The colours will also be more true to life for sport.

Last edited:
Hey all, quick question! i'm going to purchase the TV this Deepawali and some offers are going on. LG C9 is for 1.4 + 10k cash back and Samsung Q80r is for 1.3 +7-10k cashback
Which one would be better Samsung q80r or Lg C9?

Back