4k TV buying advice please

image retention and pixel burn is very much their. do run pixel refresher regularly.thats all my own experience taught me.
Post automatically merged:

in case of LG oled,its to be done before warranty expiry.
Which model ? I'm yet to see any burn in or retention. I let the PR run automatically every 4 hours.

Here is my LG OLED C9 installed pics.
Picture quality is amazing and sound is bit low i felt (i.e. just having tv to deliver the audio) but the audio with that low output is so good. Still need to play around with the settings to get desired output.

Attachments

• LG_OLED_OnStand.jpg
    LG_OLED_OnStand.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 262
  • LG_OLED-C9_OnMount.jpg
    LG_OLED-C9_OnMount.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 217
I forgot to update... Even i got the same model on October 24th and I took 4th and 5th year extended warranty as well for additional 10K.

I forgot to update... Even i got the same model on October 24th and I took 4th and 5th year extended warranty as well for additional 10K.
How did you get such a nice deal dude 10k for 2 years extended warranty!!! which stores you got it from and for how much?

Got it from croma even though they're pricier than other local retail chains. Other places the price was 125K, and in croma it was 130K. But then in croma it's peace of mind ( heard stories of delivering display pieces from other local retail chains). Also I couldn't wait till Diwali to get a better deal as i had to go home town for Diwali celebration. So finally bought it on 24th October and within two hours got it delivered as well (my home was about one KM from croma). It was installed very next day morning. For additional 10K they offered extended warranty by onsitego(not sure how good they are)...

So total paid by me was 140K( - 2K instant discount for icici)=138K.

There will be a cashback of 2K from Sbi card, 7.5K from icici(part of LG offer) and 2% croma value back voucher which can be used to buy anything in croma again. They also gave a glass bowl set and basic Nokia 106.

So all in all, it's not a bad deal at all:D

Got it from croma even though they're pricier than other local retail chains. Other places the price was 125K, and in croma it was 130K. But then in croma it's peace of mind ( heard stories of delivering display pieces from other local retail chains). Also I couldn't wait till Diwali to get a better deal as i had to go home town for Diwali celebration. So finally bought it on 24th October and within two hours got it delivered as well (my home was about one KM from croma). It was installed very next day morning. For additional 10K they offered extended warranty by onsitego(not sure how good they are)...

So total paid by me was 140K( - 2K instant discount for icici)=138K.

There will be a cashback of 2K from Sbi card, 7.5K from icici(part of LG offer) and 2% croma value back voucher which can be used to buy anything in croma again. They also gave a glass bowl set and basic Nokia 106.

So all in all, it's not a bad deal at all:D
Come on bro, 3rd party warranty? onesite is shit as as they come.

Ah ok... I didn't know that... 10K gone waste than :(. Anyways let's see what croma will do in case onsitego is not doing it's job.

Can you share your experience with onsitego?

These are 3rd party, that's the problem. A 3rd party will always screw you over with their T&C. They don't give insurance themselves, someone backs them. A manufacturer warranty is alot better, if 10k is what LG was charging you, it would have been alot better. No offense, but I have seen you post in TE in tech discussions numerous times, so thought you will know better. I used to have these 3rd party insurance on iPhones and they always screwed me over. In earlier times Onesitego used to have a different name I don't remember, and when that name got ruined, they changed their name.

Croma won't do anything if Onesitego doesn't do it's job. Croma are their sale rep's nothing more than that.

Btw grats on your OLED, I bought Samsung The Frame in Diwali, I love it but it's no OLED ;) I'm so drooling over LG W Signature OLED series. LG released 77" W Signature , https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-OLED77W8PTA , not sure what's wrong with LG, same TV is being sold at around 6-7L in US, and here it is around 29-32L. Wow!

Imma wait 2-3 years before LG drop prices and get W series. Surely atleast 55" will be around 1-2L in 2-3 yrs lol

These are 3rd party, that's the problem. A 3rd party will always screw you over with their T&C. They don't give insurance themselves, someone backs them. A manufacturer warranty is alot better, if 10k is what LG was charging you, it would have been alot better. No offense, but I have seen you post in TE in tech discussions numerous times, so thought you will know better. I used to have these 3rd party insurance on iPhones and they always screwed me over. In earlier times Onesitego used to have a different name I don't remember, and when that name got ruined, they changed their name.

Croma won't do anything if Onesitego doesn't do it's job. Croma are their sale rep's nothing more than that.

Btw grats on your OLED, I bought Samsung The Frame in Diwali, I love it but it's no OLED ;) I'm so drooling over LG W Signature OLED series. LG released 77" W Signature , https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-OLED77W8PTA , not sure what's wrong with LG, same TV is being sold at around 6-7L in US, and here it is around 29-32L. Wow!

Imma wait 2-3 years before LG drop prices and get W series. Surely atleast 55" will be around 1-2L in 2-3 yrs lol
Ah ok.. i thought u personally had some bad experience with onsitego...

Anyways the one i took is extended warranty and not the so called insurance. I do know how these 3rd party insurances work... And i have experience of successful insurance claim as well.

bTW regarding frame tv, not sure whether u remember, even i bought the same.. its one of the worst TV i have seen in my experience... even worser than cheaper VU tv which i have at home. No wonder why samsung does not sell this TV in offline showrooms. As much i could try to keep this TV, i could not tolerate its picture quality... finally after lots of effort, i could return to flipkart and got this OLED. Personally i feel, samsung disposing their old 6 series poor QLED panel with the so called feature of FRAME :(.

bTW regarding frame tv, not sure whether u remember, even i bought the same.. its one of the worst TV i have seen in my experience... even worser than cheaper VU tv which i have at home. No wonder why samsung does not sell this TV in offline showrooms. As much i could try to keep this TV, i could not tolerate its picture quality... finally after lots of effort, i could return to flipkart and got this OLED. Personally i feel, samsung disposing their old 6 series poor QLED panel with the so called feature of FRAME :(.

To be honest, I love the Frame. Doesn't matter how good or bad the screen is, the more you see it, the more the eyes adjust. I love the frame really but I'm sure, it can't beat OLED ofcourse. Blacks are not perfect on mine but it's the diff of 19/20 b/w QLED and OLED.

To be honest, I love the Frame. Doesn't matter how good or bad the screen is, the more you see it, the more the eyes adjust. I love the frame really but I'm sure, it can't beat OLED ofcourse. Blacks are not perfect on mine but it's the diff of 19/20 b/w QLED and OLED.
I already mentioned about this here or hifivision... As long as you are going to watch only this frame, then obviously eyes will get adjusted. But the problem comes, if you have any other TVs at home. This was my case, have Sony w950D(best color reproduction) and VU tv. Frame couldn't even compete with vu tv. So had to return... I was lucky as flipkart accepted return even after Samsung claimed no issues with the TV.

I already mentioned about this here or hifivision... As long as you are going to watch only this frame, then obviously eyes will get adjusted. But the problem comes, if you have any other TVs at home. This was my case, have Sony w950D(best color reproduction) and VU tv. Frame couldn't even compete with vu tv. So had to return... I was lucky as flipkart accepted return even after Samsung claimed no issues with the TV.

May be other brands has saturated their TV's , I see the frame producing quite natural colors. Certainly Sony does saturation. My friend has OnePlus QLED (base model) and he said mine looks way better. I think The frame was my best investment of 2019. If I go OLED, I won't go for C series or so, I will only go for W series which actually makes the difference. If LG makes 55" of OLED W series and sell it for under 1.5/1L , it will definitely sell like hot cake.

I'm looking to buy a new TV for my parents, nothing too big or expensive. They don't plan on getting DTH and main usage will be streaming shows via Fire Stick and streaming YouTube/ other apps on it.

My question is, how much of a difference will it be if they stream HD content on a 4K TV? As in will it be noticeable enough to care, or would they be able to live with it? The problem is that the internet is spotty at their location, so most of time they would be streaming at 720/ 1080 resolution.

I was looking at this Samsung 40" 4K TV for 28k or this slightly bigger 43" 4K TV for 37k.

Thanks.

It also depends on the viewing distance! If clarity reduces then your viewing distance also increases (its inversely proportional)

@letmein, I have this 43" MITV , perfectly new and sitting in a box (still have the new plastic on it). Bought it 1.5 yrs ago and have no need for it. It's perfect for a streaming stick. I am selling it for 13k (not yet published here)

Back