4k TV buying advice please

My question is, how much of a difference will it be if they stream HD content on a 4K TV? As in will it be noticeable enough to care, or would they be able to live with it? The problem is that the internet is spotty at their location, so most of time they would be streaming at 720/ 1080 resolution.

I was looking at this Samsung 40" 4K TV for 28k or this slightly bigger 43" 4K TV for 37k.

Thanks.
If there is a way to set the resolution on the TV then it should be like a FHD or HD screen.

But you will be paying for pixels you are not using.

Guys, I didn't want to post my issues publicly as I expected the brand to actually help resolve the issues I was facing and worked with them in good faith but I guess it's time to post this and let others make their own informed decisions

I had bought a 50" K31 Iffalcon Tv on in last week of June 2020. The TV display wasn't switching off completely ( I noticed after a week ) and I raised a complaint with the CC in ~2 weeks. They initially refused to help, but after repeat emails sent someone to check. He confirmed the display remains switched on, but told me this is NORMAL. The LED panel in new units doesn't switch off completely and backlight is supposed to be on 24x7. I complained for weeks before TCL finally acknowledged this is a design defect affecting all units of K31 series. In the meantime, their engineers visited my house ~15 times, knocked / pressed / beat the panel more than 50 times to fix the issues despite my requests not to mishandle the panel ( I was told by head of UP CC that he will replace my panel for sure after the issues are resolved ). They sent a replacement panel 2 weeks back but it was a different hardware version and couldn't be installed in my unit ( different connectors )

My TV has been opened more than 10 times. The power supply has been replaced twice and the motherboard once. The panel replacement is pending but the TCL guys just keep saying we will do it in "2 days max".

I just want others to be aware of such brands as FK won't even post my review lol

Screenshot of just one email attached which sums up everything.
Untitled.png

i bought tcl 55” p8 last October.

last month I noticed horizontal black lines on top of the display.

the panel had to be replaced twice as the first replacement panel was found to be defective.

my suggestion is to stay away from Chinese brands or you will regret like I am regretting.

The worst part about my experience isn't that my unit is defective. The worst part is ALL UNITS OF K31 series are defective and TCL doesn't care. The solution is to replace the power supply with an updated one with new firmware ( This firmware can't be done OTA ). The R&D unit guy was able to replicate this issue in the 50" K31 they had in their lab and sent over updated power supplies twice ( The first one crashed the TV every few mins, the second one is stable ). They are doing alpha testing on a customer unit in the customer's house for over 3 months and just don't care how awkward it is. They refuse to replace with a lower ( I don't want a compensation ) or a higher end ( I offered to pay 50% of the difference in selling price ) model. Essentially, they sold a unit with a design defect, refused to accept the issue at first and finally haven't solved it permanently so far ( Panel replacement pending )

Bought a kodak 32 inch one a month back. Happy with it for now. Hopefully it will lasts. Would like to buy a 43 inch or 50-55 from them. But I'm worried that once anything happens to tv and the service is required. It might be a big head ache. Bought it from Flipkart. Service is provided by Jeeves ( fk subsidiary) it seems

The endless wait continues. This company is shameless. No reply to emails, local guys don't pickup when I call from my number, keep telling me "2 more days" if I somehow get them on a call. TWO MORE DAYS - How I hate this phrase now. I have realized that the warranty is only as good as the company. Bad product - not just my unit, all K31s are defective and even worse customer service.

I just checked twitter and the idiots blocked me instead of having the guts to reply to my tweet. Lol

1600870997279.png

Screenshot (892).png

Last edited:
Why don't you go to consumer court just to wake them up

What's the point bhai. This is the price we pay as Indians. Had this been the US, this was a class action lawsuit. ALL UNITS ARE DEFECTIVE and the company knows about it but refuses to fix the issue. Since this is India, TCL knows nobody will go to the court and waste a few years for 20k. I just hope I am able to save atleast 10 people from TCL. All I am posting are the facts and am willing to debate with TCL on a public forum such as twitter if I am lying but they just blocked me instead of having the guts to reply with facts

What's the point bhai. This is the price we pay as Indians. Had this been the US, this was a class action lawsuit. ALL UNITS ARE DEFECTIVE and the company knows about it but refuses to fix the issue. Since this is India, TCL knows nobody will go to the court and waste a few years for 20k. I just hope I am able to save atleast 10 people from TCL. All I am posting are the facts and am willing to debate with TCL on a public forum such as twitter if I am lying but they just blocked me instead of having the guts to reply with facts
Not just 20k. You can ask for compensation for mental trauma, loss of work due to device not working etc.
That adds up, plus share it with media, you'll get some publicity too.

The endless wait continues. This company is shameless. No reply to emails, local guys don't pickup when I call from my number, keep telling me "2 more days" if I somehow get them on a call. TWO MORE DAYS - How I hate this phrase now. I have realized that the warranty is only as good as the company. Bad product - not just my unit, all K31s are defective and even worse customer service.

I just checked twitter and the idiots blocked me instead of having the guts to reply to my tweet. Lol

View attachment 90976

View attachment 90975
Why not post your tweet here? Let us all tweet on your behalf. They possibly cannot keep blocking all of us. It will become a full time job for them. This way we can put pressure on these companies to honour their warranties.

As suggested by @skoka123 I think we should do something like that. Today it's him tomorrow it could be us. They can't get away with something like this if that is the case.

Wow just came to know about the ifallcon tv. try tweeting to some youtubers to highlight the matter. didnt find anything about the panel staying on in negative reviews. so turning off from the power is the only way to turn it off completely.
basically companies are trying to make sure the tvs dont last for a long time. :rolleyes:

Been searching for a 4k TV. any user reviews for the 50" MI 4k tv?

Why not post your tweet here? Let us all tweet on your behalf. They possibly cannot keep blocking all of us. It will become a full time job for them. This way we can put pressure on these companies to honour their warranties.

Thanks. Honestly, this company sucks. I have tried calling the incharge of UP customer care and have been told "just 2 days" more than 5 times this month. Lack of ethics combined with poor product design and quality reserved for us lucky Indians.

Thanks. Honestly, this company sucks. I have tried calling the incharge of UP customer care and have been told "just 2 days" more than 5 times this month. Lack of ethics combined with poor product design and quality reserved for us lucky Indians.

OK. Retweeted. I do not use Twitter much. Can someone explain how retweeting works? I hardly post anything on Twitter, so I hardly have anyone following me. So, does retweeting even matter to TCL and iFalcon? Should we not be directly tweeting to them? Does retweeting also show up on TCL and iFalcon accounts?

OK. Retweeted. I do not use Twitter much. Can someone explain how retweeting works? I hardly post anything on Twitter, so I hardly have anyone following me. So, does retweeting even matter to TCL and iFalcon? Should we not be directly tweeting to them? Does retweeting also show up on TCL and iFalcon accounts?
Thanks for the retweet. It shows up for the guys managing TCL and ifalcon accounts. If enough people retweet then maybe they will be forced to act. As of now, they know they can get away with whatever shit they sell. I expected the TV set to be average, but never expected I won't be able to power the screen off using the remote. This is a basic "feature" / expectation from a tv. The icing on the cake is the fact that it's not just my unit that's defective, but the entire K31 series as confirmed by the TCL R&D team on call. They still don't care !

Back