4k TV buying advice please

Thanks everyone. The best outcome I can hope for is that atleast 100 potential buyers rethink their decision to do business with TCL. What's the point of warranty if the company refuses to even reply to emails / calls / tweets ?

Can I request on behalf of @akg7091 to please retweet? Let this be an experiment to see if it puts any pressure on these companies.
Thanks a lot for your support. They finally replaced the panel today. Bought on 25th June 2020. Complained in first week of Jul and repaired on 30 Sep 2020. The panel is updated with new firmware and is finally switching off completely now. I suggest anybody considering the K31 to skip this series jic they receive an older version.

Oh definitely. For those who don't need VRR, B9 at that price is a great buy.
Only thing is that a lot of the LG OLEDs have burn-in problems from something as simple as having the same news channel on for couple of hours every day. There are far too many complaints of it on various US websites for it not to be considered a serious problem.

Also, burn-in is not covered by warranty, so it is a risky investment to go with the OLEDs, especially for those looking to stay with a TV for well over half a decade. But I think the B9 has HDMI 2.1 support, so VRR shouldn't be a problem.

Nope republic :p

it's not available on my zip. is anyone getting this deal?
I actually paid for it and cancelled it later, after which it went out of stock for my pincode. So it is pincode specific.

However, I checked most of the e-commerce and review sites in US and there are multiple comments on every site about people having CNN, MSNBC, ESPN logos and even games HUDs burned in within a year.

Apparently LG offers a secret one-time panel replacement in US to avoid class-action lawsuit but there will be no such luck over here. They avoid putting it in warranty by stating burn-in to be a result of user action and not a manufacturing problem.

Also it is one of the reasons Samsung pulled out of OLED and promotes QLED as burn-in free. They are working on QD-OLED but said they will not come to market till burn-in prevention is up to a satisfactory level.

I just think LG is compelled to push with OLED because that is their only differentiator and are trying to prevent legal action on a case to case basis. However, in India, we just wouldn't have that much legal protection.

Last edited:
Only thing is that a lot of the LG OLEDs have burn-in problems from something as simple as having the same news channel on for couple of hours every day. There are far too many complaints of it on various US websites for it not to be considered a serious problem.

Also, burn-in is not covered by warranty, so it is a risky investment to go with the OLEDs, especially for those looking to stay with a TV for well over half a decade. But I think the B9 has HDMI 2.1 support, so VRR shouldn't be a problem.
Can't comment on channels as I don't watch DTH. OTTs and gaming and playing movies/TV shows from HDD are our uses.
2 years in, and not a hint of burn in.

Can't comment on channels as I don't watch DTH. OTTs and gaming and playing movies/TV shows from HDD are our uses.
2 years in, and not a hint of burn in.
Good to know. There is definitely some panel lottery involved. However, having to manage content because of the panel properties is a bit of a stretch, not to say aged parents can't be instructed about it.

Guess will have to go with Samsung Q70R or Sony X90H/X95G or something cheaper altogether.

Good to know. There is definitely some panel lottery involved. However, having to manage content because of the panel properties is a bit of a stretch, not to say aged parents can't be instructed about it.

Guess will have to go with Samsung Q70R or Sony X90H/X95G or something cheaper altogether.
My parents watch their DTH channels via streaming (Sony, Hotstar, JioTV+ etc). :D

So no issues there too.

Is there any good 4k 43in TV in around 20-30k? Its difficult to judge as I can't find the panels in these TVs and can't find any proper reviews. There are ones from Samsung and LG but they're 35k and they could be selling poor quality on brand name. There are a lot of small company ones but not sure which is good. MI seems okay but not sure to buy it and its not available. It should at least have color quality good enough like my good 6 yr old IPS monitor. A lot of these are VA which could mean very bad color andf angles in low end models. And many are 'made in India' which means assembled by hand

Back