5.1 Home theater for this Deepawali

Grim

Disciple
Hi All,

I looking to buy 5.1 channel Home theater for the new TV which i'm purchasing this Deepawali.

Looking for: Home theater speakers or soundbar (dont have any knowledge on audio part)
Usage: Movies, series (from Netflix/Prime) and games
Budget: Around 50k
Buying from Greymarket: No

No clue which one would be good speaker setup or soundbar! Would you please advise which one would be better and which one to purchase.

If you want less clutter, go for a soundbar. If you don't mind wires going across your hall for rear speakers and spaghetti behind your TV/Entertainment center, buy a home theater. Performance wise Home Theater (Bookshelf/Floor standers) >> Home Theater in a Box (Satellite speakers) >>> Soundbar.

Will keep this in mind as i dont know how exactly to work with actual home theaters. Heard the same across few videos. For now going with Soundbar will update myself in another 1-2 years!

Forgot to inform, i picked up Bose Soundbar 500 during Deepavali. Currently liking it since i dont have experience with bookshelf speakers for TV.

Sorry for that @blr_p
Got this https://www.amazon.in/Bose-Soundbar-Alexa-Control-Built/dp/B07YC8SD5X/?th=1 with the above mentioned price of yours.
Ok so you got the Bose sound bar with a sub woofer for under 60k. Looks like a good deal for 10k off.

Now, why did you choose the Bose instead of a 5.1 system ?

Why go for Bose instead of say this Sony

Now, why did you choose the Bose instead of a 5.1 system ?

Why go for Bose instead of say this Sony

My colleague told that bass is uncontrollable and i was not ready for this setup! and i needed some time to see how to set this up in my home over that wife was pressurizing to choose fast at the stores. Those people didnt have this model.

I know what i have is wrong choice :cry: but in probably in another 3 years later i'm thinking of getting actual 5.1 setup as mentioned above.

My colleague told that bass is uncontrollable and i was not ready for this setup! and i needed some time to see how to set this up in my home over that wife was pressurizing to choose fast at the stores. Those people didnt have this model.
And how is it ?

I know what i have is wrong choice :cry: but in probably in another 3 years later i'm thinking of getting actual 5.1 setup as mentioned above.
Oh! I'm not saying you made the wrong choice :)

title says 5.1 but you went with some thing else.

Just curious how you ended up with this model as nobody has recommended it in this thread ? how did you know to go for this model is the question

And how is it ?
He said its damn good but only one problem Bass is not under control.

title says 5.1 but you went with some thing else.
Just curious how you ended up with this model as nobody has recommended it in this thread ? how did you know to go for this model is the question
Actually wanted as title says, but later checked my home setup and it needed some alteration to correctly fit 5.1 and i didnt wanted cable to lying around the hall. So got soundbar. And i'll make the alteration after some years as mine is a new flat.

Back