Events & Meets 5/4/2020 9PM be ready with your phone/torch/candle (India leads the world)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voltage increased from 228v to 235v in my area around the 9pm mark.
Now the voltage is 222v at 9:40pm, did people turn on the Air conditioners or the utility guys are controlling the output.
At 9:50Pm its now 218v.

The people maintain the grid have taken precautions. My own ups log shows that yesterday it was hovering around 231v and today at the same exact time its now 218v, ,my ups log shows the Hz was 50.2hz today, while yesterday it was 50hz. So clearly the people who are working behind the scenes have reduced or adjusted the output. This type of power reductions was just by mostly turning of the lights. Imagine if all turned off the main mcb or heavy appliances, its no rocket science there will be a imbalance which will effect the voltage and frequency.

Check this thread in team bhp, some have shared info from Ministry of power, there was a 25giga watt of power reduction.

This government website shows the current demand vs yesterday demand state by state

Bro grow up its just 5/10 variation. Aren't you taking it little to seriously. :Facepalm:

Also of if the grid people who maintain grid and already taken precautions then wtf are you wasting server space with your sh!t.

Bro grow up its just 5/10 variation. Aren't you taking it little to seriously. :Facepalm:

Also of if the grid people who maintain grid and already taken precautions then wtf are you wasting server space with your sh!t.
Calm down mate. No need to go down that path.

He was just sharing logs showing that the grid engineers have done their job.

Although I am not sure if a pseudo-Diwali celebration by a bunch of morons justified the extra stress placed on these people on a weekend at this time.

Dude that was variation because the people working in the background reduced the supply.
FYI, just after the lockdown, In my area I saw voltages of 170v and then jump to 250v, with the stabilizer and inverter relays clicking multiple times a second. So clearly in the back ground a lot of effort must have gone to keep grid in sync.

I have had tvs and stabilizers going bad, due to high voltage. I am in the process of going off the grid completely just because of this single reason of power fluctuation, i have finished my solar project minus the solar panels, just by me single handily alone with zero help from any electrician or engineer or firm, had the corona virus not hit the world I would have already bought the panels last month, Glad I didn't buy otherwise the bank balance would have really low, which is not what you want at this time. You can read about this solar build in this thread here lots of buried info there.

Last edited:
Calm down mate. No need to go down that path.

He was just sharing logs showing that the grid engineers have done their job.

Although I am not sure if a pseudo-Diwali celebration by a bunch of morons justified the extra stress placed on these people on a weekend at this time.
Bunch of morons really ?

Extra stress on those who are working i saw someone interview on aajtak regarding the same he was some head/senior grid guy and he clearly said its a not a big deal to handle this looks like it's a big seal for you guys here.
Post automatically merged:

Dude that was variation because the people working in the background reduced the supply.
FYI, just after the lockdown, In my area I saw voltages of 170v and then jump to 250v, with the stabilizer and inverter relays clicking multiple times a second. So clearly in the back ground a lot of effort must have gone to keep grid in sync.

I have had tvs and stabilizers going bad, due to high voltage. I am in the process of going off the grid completely just because of this single reason of power fluctuation, i have finished my solar project minus the solar panels, had the corona virusnot hit the world I would have already bought the panels last month, Glad I didn't buy otherwise the bank balance would have really low, which is not what you want at this time. You can read about this in this thread here lots of buried info there.

Aren't the people who are working there are being paid for all this and i definitely think you should stop using electricity and go solar. Good for me and for others one less to use the electricity. Tc

Aren't the people who are working there are being paid for all this and i definitely think you should stop using electricity and go solar. Good for me and for others one less to use the electricity. Tc
Yes they are paid, as are our soldiers on the border guarding the border, your point being.

From tomorrow forwards will be like
NASA has captured the picture of India and are saying Corona virus disappeared 90% from India due to lights off because it has also eyes.

111.jpeg

Whenever load on generators (output) is reduced, input (water in cse of hydro electric generator, steam in case of thermal etc.) is automatically reduced, but there is some delay. Untill it is balanced, the generator will run faster, means high frequency. Increasing the load is vice versa.
Further, at higher load, the current will be more and voltage drop in feeders will be more. Means low voltage at customer end. Sudden reduction in load will reduce voltage drop and increase voltage. The same is regulated from generator / distributor after some delay (slightly automatic and largely manual).
Voltage variation will be for long duration compared to frequency variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back