5 million ‘compromised’ Google accounts leaked

okay, thats 4th guy now... more I feel like Gmail is compromised.

I have used my emails few times, but password was unique. Another friend is also same, he had unique password. Another guy, just registered and never had used his gmail anywhere other than eBay. And now you.

okay, thats 4th guy now... more I feel like Gmail is compromised.

I have used my emails few times, but password was unique. Another friend is also same, he had unique password. Another guy, just registered and never had used his gmail anywhere other than eBay. And now you.
How old are your passwords?

How they can get the passwords that even only for 5 million accounts? Is it google stores the password as plain text?
The possibility of that is zero, after the Chinese break in and everything, google will probably salt the passwords to oblivion and they hash them multiple times. Most probably the passwords were either intercepted or some of the users used the same passwords elsewhere. My account was not leaked but I'd used it throughout the web, only that I always use a unique password with my mail accounts, one for each.

Most probably the passwords were either intercepted
Default gmail login is done via https, i\m highly doubtful whether any one can get the original password by intercepting the encrypted information... but again i\m not sure whether this is something to do with heartbleed :( As i said in my previous post, my primary id which i use from 2004 and none of other mail id\s also not compromised.

Default gmail login is done via https, i\m highly doubtful whether any one can get the original password by intercepting the encrypted information... but again i\m not sure whether this is something to do with heartbleed :( As i said in my previous post, my primary id which i use from 2004 and none of other mail id\s also not compromised.
Same here, surprising is that I had one very old gmail account which I used mostly to register myself in dubious forums and torrents sites. That account had the highest chance of getting hacked, I haven't even changed the password even once and haven't used the account in years, it didn't get compromised either.

However I had never signed into any Russian site, wonder if this is related to Russia only?

So anyone in similar situation like me? I asked my friends, but those buggers use common passwords.
I use a Gmail specific PW (so never ever used anywhere). Pretty long. Memorable. Been in use only for Gmail for nearly 7-8 years now (when it was invitation only), but again, long and complex.
Searched the link in the OP. Not on the list ! :)

Back