Video 50-55" Television - 35k Budget

Guys, I didn't want to post my issues publicly as I expected the brand to actually help resolve the issues I was facing and worked with them in good faith but I guess it's time to post this and let others make their own informed decisions

Screenshot of just one email attached which sums up everything.
Wow! Thank you for highlighting this issue and bringing it to light. Have you tried tweeting to the company? Please do so, we will all retweet it and highlight the issue.

Further, you can access the consumer grievance portal - https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

You just need to file a complaint online and that is enough to get most companies to get their shit together and act, most likely you won't even have to reach the court to resolve the issue.
I had been considering Iffalkon, but thank you for posting this, I shall avoid it at all costs.
if you've still not purchased, you can try
Toshiba
https://www.amazon.in/TOSHIBA-inche...ds=50+inch+tv+smart+4k&qid=1600506870&sr=8-10

It's manufactured by hisense, comes with 4 years panel warranty
Hi, no I have not yet purchased the TV, I almost went in for Hisense from Reliance, but they did not have any offers available and Hisense 1080p 43" was costing me ~27k with extra 2 years warranty. So I decided to hold up.

I didn't know that Toshiba was also manufactured by Hisense, I thought it was only Vu. I cannot see the four year panel warranty anywhere on the Amazon page, do you have any links for the same? Thanks!

Wow! Thank you for highlighting this issue and bringing it to light. Have you tried tweeting to the company? Please do so, we will all retweet it and highlight the issue.

Further, you can access the consumer grievance portal - https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

You just need to file a complaint online and that is enough to get most companies to get their shit together and act, most likely you won't even have to reach the court to resolve the issue.
I had been considering Iffalkon, but thank you for posting this, I shall avoid it at all costs.

Hi, no I have not yet purchased the TV, I almost went in for Hisense from Reliance, but they did not have any offers available and Hisense 1080p 43" was costing me ~27k with extra 2 years warranty. So I decided to hold up.

I didn't know that Toshiba was also manufactured by Hisense, I thought it was only Vu. I cannot see the four year panel warranty anywhere on the Amazon page, do you have any links for the same? Thanks!
Wait for Diwali sale and Hisense will be once again in stock and may be they will again offer 5 yr warranty and also might intro new models.

Hi, I think it may be some promotional scheme as Amazon showed a clear banner for 4 year panel warranty for this toshiba model, also it's confirmed in one of the reviews.
Just checked the official Toshiba India site and it was a promo offer.
https://toshibatv-in.com/offers-promotions/
Amazon may provide some good discounts and extended warranty in upcoming deals.
Right now this toshiba model is available at reliance digital with 3 yrs manufacturers warranty.
Flipkart and tatacliq both are providing 1 yr warranty on this model Toshiba TV 50U5050.
tatacliq is also offering extended 3yrs warranty by paying rs500 extra.
So it's just about rs 1000 -1500 difference and they are offering 3yrs warranty. or you could save some money with 1yr warranty.
I'd similar experience - I bought VU 43-OA 43" 4k TV in January this year from a local shop. I got 3yrs comprehensive warranty & yes it's clearly mentioned on the retail box where as Flipkart was providing only 1yr warranty.

Many of my friends have Mi TV at their homes. have heard good feedback about their units so far, Those long installation wait times back at launch have since been resolved, now it has to be pandemic adjusted wait time. There are multiple sizes available depending on your budget. The 55 inch one coming at around 37k.

I already lodged a complaint with the consumer helpline and PG Portal around 2 months back. They just forwarded my complaint to TCL and then closed it after 4-5 weeks. India has a weak judicial system and the common man can expect no justice unless the media is involved.

sucks about tcl, i would suggest holding off a bit on the purchase buy tv's with hdmi 2.1 especially if you intend on buying a console in the future. motorola launched tv's around 40k with 2.1 a few days back afaik

Wanted to update you guys, I just pulled the plug on Mi 4X 50" 4K with 2 years extra warranty from Amazon Sale. It ended up costing me ~Rs.28,750/- after the cashback.

Last night and earlier today morning, I was considering the Motorola or Nokia TV. But after putting in a bit of research, I found out that FK is just rebranding Skyworth TVs as Nokia. So, I decided against it. I still would have been okay going in for a Nokia, but FK will be providing the service for the TVs and I have not heard one good thing about it.

Later on, I was about to buy Toshiba, but with their own VIDAA OS, no BT and other missing features, it just didn't make sense.

After going through a lot of reviews of the Mi 43" 4A Horizon, I found the 4X 50" and it was just ~Rs.6,000/- more. The reviews seemed quite satisfactory and by then I was just done watching TV reviews. Will update once it is delivered

Back