50% Off On Books At Indiaplaza

Remember that this is 50% off MRP and not on the discounted prices at indiaplaza.
many of the books are already at 43% discount anyway, so for those books it is not so good.
But for others, quite nice if you can wait a bit for delivery.

Should I buy books which are imported editions? It says normally ships in 14 days. God knows how long they'll take to actually deliver, when even domestic books are being delivered after a month. There are a couple of books at gr8 prices which I really want but doubt they'll ever deliver it. :( Advise.

Yep same here regarding the deliverability of books by indiaplaza. Have faced problems before when i bought books from them. Though some of the books have great pricing, the deliverability of the same on time is highly doubtful. Still in two minds whether to order from them or not

You could take a chance if you can wait for some time and don't want that book badly. If you are lucky you will get the books in 2 weeks, otherwise you will get refund in another week.

Never ever order books from indiaplaza.......stupid people.....i wonder how they r still in business...really had bad experience....pay a bit more and order from reliable websites like flipkart atleast they inform you beforehand if the order is cancelled and dont wait till the last minute. Took a chance but got bruised :) in the process. The whole idea of waiting for 14-20 days and then you come to know that there is no stock. And the irony is you get a mail on the date of supposed dispatch that the order is cancelled and proudly inform that we have a humungous stock of 3.5 million books so there is difficulty. Wot kind of crap is dat suppose to mean. If its not available inform the buyer in advance, then atleast we can buy from another place. Shucks wot an experience hahahha......

So just my few cents ...BEWARE WHEN YOU BUY FROM INDIAPLAZA. THEY JUST DONT KEEP DELIVERY COMMITMENTS OR BOTHER TO INFORM YOU IN CASE OF DELAY.

Its nothing new. Indiaplaza is notorious for delays & updates are non existent... They do give good discounts but their back-end & logistics suck big time. Only order books for which you can wait for or which are not very hard to find. (No exotic titles please).

I ordered 5 books & received 3+1 on time.. One of those was wrong edition. I ordered a paperback & they sent be an abridged edition pocketbook.. Their customer care is pretty hard to get through. They are always busy entertaining other customers... They also do not respond to mails. I was lucky to get through customer care last Friday & explained everything, they said they will check & call back but even till now no response from their side..

I am still waiting for the 5th book for which they always say that it will be shipped in two days or the money will be refunded... So its better to leave that discount. This was my first experience & hopefully last if my future book purchases are only impulsive & not really important... :(

"Its nothing new. Indiaplaza is notorious for delays & updates are non existent... They do give good discounts but their back-end & logistics suck big time. Only order books for which you can wait for or which are not very hard to find. (No exotic titles please)."

Amen to the above. But I'm ordering books from Indiaplaza because I've got coupons which give me 100 off on each purchase plus they already have a heavy discount of 43% so they turn out to be dirt cheap! Can suffer the 3/4 week wait coz i've already got a huge list of books waiting to be read.. :)

sehej said:
Amen to the above. But I'm ordering books from Indiaplaza because I've got coupons which give me 100 off on each purchase plus they already have a heavy discount of 43% so they turn out to be dirt cheap! Can suffer the 3/4 week wait coz i've already got a huge list of books waiting to be read.. :)

Don't keep up high hopes. They are also notorious to cancel shipment after delaying for weeks under false pretense... One of the book I ordered was not delivered till today & when I called them they simply told me its out of stock which is funny 'coz it was not an exotic book but a very common book...

But then since you have a huge list I suppose you can get ~80% of that & you are willing to wait so no problem there except for the no of times you will have to call them for updates...

Spoke to the customer care after a long wait on call and finally got through. Had ordered 3 books out of which 2 got cancelled due to no stock which I find as absolute nonsense reason. The books which i ordered was not an exotic book or something, infact two were indian editions and one was an imported book. Finally i cancelled my order for the last book. I think indiaplaza takes their customers to be idiots for ordering from them. The reasons the customer care cites is really ridiculous. I would rather pay some bucks more and order from reliable websites rather than from them. Just cant trust them anymore. Their assurance and guarantees dont carry weight as they dont really bother. I also order books from flipkart and have never faced any issues or problems. If there is a delay they promptly inform whether to cancel or wait.

Their updates are just non-existent. They take their customers for granted. NEVER EVER AM I GOING TO ORDER FROM THEM. YES THE DISCOUNTS ARE GOOD BUT WHATS THE POINT WHEN THE DELIVERY COMMITMENTS ARE JUST NOT THERE. LIKE WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD. DON'T KEEP HOPES FROM INDIAPLAZA COS THEY ARE A HOPELESS CASE WITH NO END IN SIGHT.

I would also recommend against shopping at Indiaplaza - Delayed delivery, random cancellations and they will not inform you of any of this unless you call them. If you want to cancel an order due to delayed delivery then best of luck getting your money back without multiple calls to customer care.

Earlier I used to compare prices against other sites and purchase but then I realized its not worth the headache buying from Indiaplaza.

Any discount codes, I'm planning to buy couple of books online..

I can bear with the delivery time if I can really save some good amount..

Back