Graphic Cards 6 Display Video Wall Setup

Satan

Adept
Here's something to get you guys excited ;)

# I need a 6 monitor (3 x 2) setup
# Sizes will be either 32" / 42" / 46" LCD's depending on the final cost.
# Frameless / Ultra thin Bezel Displays (Sound / speakers are not required)
# Solid Video Card to drive the system. It will basicaly be playing one BIG video across all the screens.
# Solid PC to support all this

Let's the suggestions run wild ;)

On a more serious note, I really need your help on this one. Please indicate Prices & Brands if you can. Also, try to keep it local as purchacing anything from abroad = No Warranty :(

Cheers

You'll need an ATI card for eyefinity.

Frameless/ultra thin bezel will get very expensive (though I guess if you are getting a 6 monitor setup, cost is not a huge factor.)

If the screens will be viewed from a reasonable distance, you can also overlap bezels if required. ATI drivers can correct for this. So If you get a monitor of bezel width x, the total border will still be x and not 2x.

whatsinaname said:
You'll need an ATI card for eyefinity.

Frameless/ultra thin bezel will get very expensive (though I guess if you are getting a 6 monitor setup, cost is not a huge factor.)

If the screens will be viewed from a reasonable distance, you can also overlap bezels if required. ATI drivers can correct for this. So If you get a monitor of bezel width x, the total border will still be x and not 2x.
Can you elaborate on that... Overlapping the Bezel I mean.

Any ideas about what people generally use for video walls? How good is rear projection for a well lit commercial indoor area?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

@sajitsm

Ouch... that's pretty nasty... :p

No I was looking for something on the lines of this

eb60753054a8.jpg

bc29e3837a.jpg

Guys any suggestions on what Video Card to get. I know Eyeinfinity support is best for this, but specifics would be nice.

Thanks

A pair of HD6990 and maybe the Samsung D7000 32 displays? What is the total budget? What applications do you intend to run on this system? And what are the other specs of the system?

Gannu said:
A pair of HD6990 and maybe the Samsung D7000 32 displays? What is the total budget? What applications do you intend to run on this system? And what are the other specs of the system?

This will be installed in a showroom to run some product videos and demos. Strictly for advertising.

Budget doesn't exist at the moment since we don't really know what the options are. Sufficed to say though, budget shouldn't really be much of an issue.

Any retail TV's will be a problem beacuse of the excessive bezel thickness. While the D7000 will be ok on the sides and the top, the bottom frame is significantly thick; enough to mess up the grid which in this case is 3 x 2.
sajitsm said:
That's a custom installed video wall and 40" 2x2 video wall will set u back around $8k. BTW, 3x3 is 9 screens :D

Any idea whom I can talk to for those Custom Video Walls?

3x3... I said 3x2 :huh:

ok, ok.. you got me.. I changed it :eek:hyeah:

Back