Graphic Cards 720p /1080p Over component from HD4870

[Solved] 720p /1080p Over component from HD4870

Hi all,
I have sapphire HD4870 & through component out I connected my Samsung 50†Plasma.
I’m using windows 7 x64 with Catalyst 10.1

The resolution I can get in control panel is 720 x 480 & 720 x 576 interlaced..
I checked some forums & got some shady discussions on how to pass 720p / 1080p over component but actually could not get a definitive solution...
Component supports 720/1080p – only want a clue how this can be forced over through ATi card.

Before anyone says, I know very well know I can use HDMI/DVI/VGA to get that resolution... Thats not the purpose of discussion at all....
I categorically wanted to do this over component only....

Tried to play around with powerstrip, but could not find how to force that resolution. Anyone here with some experience on that front ????
Would really be glad..

Your Plasma Tv need to support 1080p over component. Some Tv's only accept HD resolutions over HDMI and DVI (which are HDCP compliant) only because of HDCP protection issues.. :)

got it!!!
thx to the shitty new catalyst interface.. I was not able to add the HDTV resolutions... Attached is a screenshot where the settings are hidden..

ATi deserve a bash over the UI of new catalyst Control Centre.. :mad:

muzux2: -- U cannot expect a 50" HD ready Plasma NOT supporting 1080i/p over component.. Any TV over 32" support these res. over YPbPr by default...

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 74
mehargags said:
got it!!!

thx to the shitty new catalyst interface.. I was not able to add the HDTV resolutions... Attached is a screenshot where the settings are hidden..

muzux2: -- U cannot expect a 50" HD ready Plasma NOT supporting 1080i/p over component.. Any TV over 32" support these res. over YPbPr by default...

Your statement is incorrect, old plasmas never supported 1080p, even some which are currently 42" doesn't..most are HD READY but not FULL HD.

However if you got 1080p in your plasma then ofcourse its great and must be higher model.

mehargags said:
got it!!!

what you have pointed out is clearly mention below the 'Desktops and Displays' Heading :p

Back