Graphic Cards 7750 vs 6770

Hello friends, as the title says, i am confused between those two. My system specs are on my sig.
please help me to choose between these two.
http://www.techenclave.com/smc-internl/black-white-gpus-smc-international-132012/

Go for the AMD HD 7750, because of the following reasons --
  • newer 28nm fabrication process.
  • lesser power consumption and heat output vis-a-vis the older HD 6770 [a rebranded HD 5770].
  • Performance is also at par with the older generation graphics card. Here is a straight benchmark run between the two.
  • It is priced slightly cheaper OR at par with the older generation graphics card.
  • With the new GCN architecture, GPGPU performance is also likely to see an upswing. Shall relive your processor of mundane tasks like decoding an HD video.

Looking at your configuration you can also look up the AMD HD 6850 OR AMD HD 7770 GHz Edition, they will run on your Corsair SMPS just fine.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

I would suggest HD7750 if you don't overclock.
If you overclock, go for HD7770, if your budget permits.
Because, HD7750 lacks external power connector, hampering it's overclocking potential.
But if you are tight on budget, then go for 6770(better post overclocked performance than 7750)

If you overclock, go for HD7770, if your budget permits.

But if you are tight on budget, then go for 6770

I doubt OP is going to over-clock so I think it is a little overkill suggesting a HD 7770 GHz Edition OR HD 6770.

That said, the AMD HD 7750 performs at par with the HD 6770 whilst --
  • consumes lesser power and dissipates lesser heat due to the newer 28nm fabrication process.
  • better GPGPU performance due to the revamped "Graphics Core Next" architecture.
  • over time and better driver sets release should see its performance going up albeit in very minor increments.
  • I haven't heard the annoying texture tearing issues rearing their face in this generation of cards, the HD 57** [and in extension the HD 67** family] have this irritant.

Hope this explains my stand, Cheerio!!

ALPHA17 I have Corsair CX400, 6770 can be overclocked a bit more than the 7750 and that is why i am in this dilemma.
comp@ddict That is why i am inclined towards it. My budget does not allow me to go for 7770.

I have Corsair CX400, 6770 can be overclocked a bit more than the 7750 and that is why i am in this dilemma.

The point I have is will the over-clock be so effective that it will redefine your gaming. I doubt with even the most intense over-clocks your gains will be more than ~10%; [translates ~5 -->15 fps]. Here is HwBOT page for the same.

Couple this with a higher power draw and the fact that the AMD Juniper family [HD 57** and in extension 67** series] has an annoying texture tear issue [even with the latest patch] do you think it will be worth it?

I reiterate that the HD 7750 will be the best bet and by the virtue of its newer architecture offer a better package overall in the long run. Hope this explains clearly, Cheerio!!

ALPHA17 I have Corsair CX400, 6770 can be overclocked a bit more than the 7750 and that is why i am in this dilemma.
comp@ddict That is why i am inclined towards it. My budget does not allow me to go for 7770.

It wont matter. Do you want a little bit more overclock or MORE PERFORMANCE and LESS POWER CONSUMPTION?

We all know which factors have more weight here

I have a 7750(MSI). power consumption is very low. doesn't even need a PCIe power connector. Definitely get it.

I haven't found it struggling yet in any game@1600*900 resolution.

The Gigabyte offering is better due to the following reasons --
  • higher base-clock of ~880MHz so slightly factory over-clocked from that outset.
  • single large fan ~10cm, so lesser noise vis-a-vis MSi's dual fan approach.
  • the MSi card is slightly more compact, but overall this doesn't count for much, until you were stuffing this in a HTPC slim cabinet.
  • pragmatic selection of connectors, MSi features Display Port-OUT but who will use it now?

I think availability is also better for Gigabyte cards and they are slightly cheaper too. Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back