OC & Modding 85 degree on load and 40 degree idle

thatz the situation... no overclocking ... Stock cooling system..
computer restarts if i open any heavy application...

any solution ?
EDIT: idle temp is 55 degree cel.

GUYZZZZZZZZZZ..

i dont think my proccy will live anymore if the tempratures continues to be lik this.....................

PLZ ANY BODY HELP.......

thatz an EMERGENCY

i think ur mobo is reporting wrong temps ...... just touch the heat sink and chk how hot it is ..... at 85*c u can't hold it ......

2700 RPM................

thermel paste.. i think its ok i just tried to touch it and found that it was sticky t..i guess thatz fine.. is it ?

If ur motherboard temps are OK, then i think u need to buy a good quality CPU cooling fan instead of using the stock cooling fan. Also, use a good thermal compound like Arctic Silver 5.

Even i am facing a problem with my latest Core 2 Duo system. The CPU fan runs only at 1100 rpm. The idle temp is around 40 but when i run games it reaches 55 because the fan is running only at 1100 rpm. Checked Intel's site: they said that the fan speed will increase only when the CPU temp reaches 75 degrees.

Contacted Intel support center, they gave me a mail in which it was clearly written that the CPU temps should not increase 70 degrees whereas on the Intel's site it was written that the fan speed will increase only when processor temp reaches 75 degrees i.e. when the processor has already fried!!!

but there shud be a solid reason for the temps suddenly( i guess.) going up!!!!!

i mean frm last 1 year i was not facing any problem as such but now suddenly and that too in winters the temps are lik these.............. how much will the arctic silver cost ????

will installing 1-2 system fans make a difference...

m confused hdgcfjkehciuehberiuhfefwgewfigefr

apply silver paste and u should do better...

and try another hsf combo.. u should be able to get one locally... im sure u`ll get much lower temps wit both...

Buy some rubbing alcohol from local chemist.
Buy some thermal paste from your electronics/computer shop.
Take out hsf. Clean it thoroughly of dust/dirt. Also clean the fan.
Dip cotton in alcohol and clean the cpu surface & hsf base thoroughly.
You might even try a few drops of pure petrol on both the surfaces to dissolve/wash out the thermal paste/pad residue.
Do it until the cotton you rub against the surfaces does not turn gray in colour.
Apply a medium size blob of thermal paste you bought in the center of the cpu surface.
Mount the hsf without pushing the retaining clips in. Twist the hsf clockwise/anticlockwise a fraction of degrees.
Then mount the clips in criss cross fashion.

thnx to all u gyz for bothering.....

now i want to know .for How much damage will i be able to get a fine hsf....

it shud not be too expensive..

Thnx

voltagesab6.jpg

luk at the voltages....

i think that the PSU has gone kaput!!!!!

has Speedfan been tested by anyone ??????????... do it gives true results o' wat ?

double check the values wit your bios...

u should be able to check there...

if it is the same.. then try getting another psu from a friend or someone and check if it solves the problem..

Back