90 Days to MCSA 2012 ;)

Hi guys

I've taken the 90 days to MCSA 2012 challenge from microsoft , who else has taken it ??

To earn MCSA 2012 certification one needs to clear 3 exams 70-410,70-411 and 70-412

i've cleared 70-410 so far with 1000/1000, now eyeing the 70-411 and worried cos of lack of study material edit : ive cleared 70-411 with 916/1000 now looking at 70-412

will be taking the 411 in 2 weeks

This thread is to discuss with other people who have taken the challenge and share resources so that we can study as a team

for people unfamiliar here it is : http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/mcsa90/

and have some general queries :
1) Will this certification gain me recognition ?
2) Why does microsoft promote exams without releasing microsoft press material.. the ETA for 70-411 is august ?

Attachments

• 70-410 edited.jpg
    70-410 edited.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 284
Wow congratulations on getting certified. You seem to be one of the early birds to get certified. Trust me documentation is one PITA. I have tried doing it and it.. well is a PITA. Maybe thats the reason the delay in the publishing of the books. But nonetheless you will get enough material on the net these days to study and clear the exams. So no one really relies on MS press stuff these days.
Also best of luck for the upcoming exams.

Congrats! Recognition might be a wrong word, but these exams will certainly make things easier for you. I've been eyeing SQL Server 2012 for quite some time but not being able to devote time to it. I plan to complete it this year.
Some companies have started asking for these certifications as a pre-requisite even before you apply for a job there so yeah, it's better to have them on your resume.

MS press material is the best in my opinion but it might be that they did not get sufficient resources to publish their own material. There is lot of material available on the web though. Add me on gtalk (sent you a pm). I also might want to ask you a few questions regarding these exams when I get to them.

@djmykey Thank you buddy, ive started preparing with help of technet and my setup at work ( 3 x Dell poweredge C6220 servers, 1 x Equallogic PS4110 storage and 1 x S4820T switch) referred to dumps only 6 hrs before taking the exam

@Sei Sure buddy, sent you an add request on Gtalk, anytime you have a question feel free

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you do the practicals? Got your own setup or from an institute?[DOUBLEPOST=1376501021][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry, just saw the post above about your work network....thats nice. My company does not even reimburses the exam fees, let alone provide a training server setup!

Back