94% pickpockets caught in Metro are women

avi

Skilled
In just three months, the number of pickpockets held in the Delhi Metro has exceeded that of six months of 2013, and 94% of them were female.

The CISF says that's because of increased security, but if you're a woman, hold on to your handbag tightly.

If you're a woman and a frequent commuter on the Metro, chances are, you always prefer the pink compartment. However, while it reduces the likelihood of you being groped or leched at, you're probably trading that safety for an increased chance of you losing your money or belongings. Recent figures by the CISF (The Central Industrial Security Force, which is responsible for the security of the Delhi Metro) say that in just three months (January to March), 126 pickpockets were held, of which 118 were women. Ergo, more women are nicking pockets on the metro than men, and they're mostly targeting women.
In 2013, the CISF caught 193 pickpockets in six months, and 91% (175) of them were female. In 2014, in three months (January to March), 126 pickpockets have been held, of which 94% (118) were female.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Metro-are-women-CISF/articleshow/34533479.cms

Is it because women pickpockets are naive that they end up getting caught while men are more skilled and are seldom caught?
Can't believe women overtaking men so fast, at least in this field.

Reminds me of this FB confession:
i boarded the metro from rajiv chowk and while I was standing in the line I started staring a pretty girl. She was wearing a black tshirt and smiled back at me. Then I skipped 2-3 queues to be near her so that I could board the compartment next to the women's coach. To my utter surprise, she chose to stand next to me in between the passage which connects the women's compartment and the very next compartment. Though we didn't talk but got a high on as due to heavy crowd we kinda touched each other ( Tharkiness :p). And then, when I de-boarded the metro I neva found my Note 2 in my pocket! I called at my number and it rang! A girl picked up and laughed ! and till now no trace of my phone!
#Chorni!! KLPD! Burn in hell!

A guy had once tried to steal my iPhone on the Metro. We had just boarded the train and for some reason I had kept my phone in my shirt's pocket. This guy, who was quite shorter than me, tried to nick it but I caught him and tried to nab him but support from other passengers wasn't forthcoming and he quickly disembarked from the train as the doors were still open. This was the last metro of the day so there wasn't any crowd at that time. I am guessing being fat has it's own benefits .[emoji13]

Is it because women pickpockets are naive that they end up getting caught while men are more skilled and are seldom caught?
Can't believe women overtaking men so fast, at least in this field.
No, the stupid thing about the OP's article is its about the women's coach in Delhi metro.

WHO are they going to catch in there ? women! DOH!

Useless article.

Back