Graphic Cards 9600 Gt Oc

Firstly you will need several programs: River Tuner, and 3D mark 05 or 06 or any other benchmarking program.

Basics of overclocking: Overclocking is making your computer or certain parts of your computer run faster than they were designed for. Overclocking is not 100% safe but this is a very safe way to overclock your graphics card. My source was You Tube and i picked some up myself.

1) Firstly open up river tuner and under driver settings click customize, on the scroll out bar click on the picture of a graphics card which is system settings.

2) Check the box that says enable driver level hardware settings

3) They're should be two scrolling bars and maybe three on a newer graphics card, move the one that says core speed up 10 points.

4) Hit the test button, the test should be alright, if so create a new overclocking profile by clicking on the image of a floppy disk, name it whatever you please.

5) Run 3D mark 05, 06 or your benchmarking program.

6) When this is complete repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.

7) Continue step 6 until the test fails then load the last successful overclocking profile.

8) Go to the next bar down and repeat.

9) Continue until tests fail on each bar then load the last profile.

10) Now choose whether you would like to have these settings run from start up. If so tick the box and then apply the settings.

Your card should have core, memory and shader clocks. Do keep note on temps. Use gpu-z or graph on rivatuner.

However easiest way to oc safe way in your case is use nvidia control panel with advanced settings and detect optimal frequencies.

WingZero said:
Firstly you will need several programs: River Tuner, and 3D mark 05 or 06 or any other benchmarking program.

Basics of overclocking: Overclocking is making your computer or certain parts of your computer run faster than they were designed for. Overclocking is not 100% safe but this is a very safe way to overclock your graphics card. My source was You Tube and i picked some up myself.

1) Firstly open up river tuner and under driver settings click customize, on the scroll out bar click on the picture of a graphics card which is system settings.

2) Check the box that says enable driver level hardware settings

3) They're should be two scrolling bars and maybe three on a newer graphics card, move the one that says core speed up 10 points.

4) Hit the test button, the test should be alright, if so create a new overclocking profile by clicking on the image of a floppy disk, name it whatever you please.

5) Run 3D mark 05, 06 or your benchmarking program.

6) When this is complete repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.

7) Continue step 6 until the test fails then load the last successful overclocking profile.

8) Go to the next bar down and repeat.

9) Continue until tests fail on each bar then load the last profile.

10) Now choose whether you would like to have these settings run from start up. If so tick the box and then apply the settings.

Your card should have core, memory and shader clocks. Do keep note on temps. Use gpu-z or graph on rivatuner.

However easiest way to oc safe way in your case is use nvidia control panel with advanced settings and detect optimal frequencies.

would be nice if you posted ze source as well :bleh::bleh::bleh::tongue::tongue:

overclocking is very easy , make sure you dont jump up the core or memory to insanely high figures otherwise you are safe ,to test a overclock i prefer crysis ..

This might be of help. It's a comprehensive overclocking guide using Riva Tuner.

RivaTuner 2.0 fan speed & Overclock Guide

Also, do remember to check what's the overclocks like on the card by other people, so that u have a general idea of what ur card is capable of. This keeps u safe and still get maximum performance out of ur card. :)

Good luck for ur 1st overclock. :hap2:

Back