Graphic Cards 9600gt Sli Beats 4870!!!

here are VGA charts from guru3d

in all those 9600GT SLI performs better than 4870 (not in benches but in games )

VGA Charts - Crysis & Call of Duty 4
so 9600GT SLI figures are very good........

now shall we believe guru3d ?:ashamed:

if that are true then why opt for 4870 ~17k
9600GT SLI ~ 5.8K*2 is better option.
also 9600GT SLI do not needs much power .
WHAT SAY ?

Lol. I always thought guru 3D was soft on the red team. Still if it is true than 2x 9600GTs are a sweet deal. I remember this audiophile guy from here who runs an identical setup. ;) Wonder if he's read this...
Though it must ne said that Crysis works better with NV, and CODs a CPU b1tch so :p

Vandal said:
Lol. I always thought guru 3D was soft on the red team. Still if it is true than 2x 9600GTs are a sweet deal. I remember this audiophile guy from here who runs an identical setup. ;) Wonder if he's read this...

Though it must ne said that Crysis works better with NV, and CODs a CPU b1tch so :p

also see charts for other games........they are there.......

9600GT SLI beats 4870 in all GAMES ....but not in 3D MARK

Edited:

Well, it IS 30 inches.

And I suspect those results in Crysis. I'm getting <30fps in Flatout Ultimate Carnage (I don;t have Crysis) with this setup. The X2 is really my ticket to some decent gaming on this screen.

But yeah, this setup is a screamer for the price. Pity I'm selling it here in a few days' time.

The price of a SLI mobo balances out all cost benefits when it comes to comparing with a 4870. Also SLI mobos don't OC as well as say the P45, and once you enable SLI the chipset overhead basically puts paid to any hope of overclocking at all.

One thing that's not clear from the review is if the nVidia Ex is used. If it is, then those results (where the 9600GT beat out the GTX 280 in Crysis) may be believable.

sangram said:
The price of a SLI mobo balances out all cost benefits when it comes to comparing with a 4870. Also SLI mobos don't OC as well as say the P45, and once you enable SLI the chipset overhead basically puts paid to any hope of overclocking at all.
BUT what if anybody have SLI MOBO & 9600GT with him ?
going for 9600GT SLI will be then good .
now a days 650i SLI chipsets are going for cheap .........yes they run at X8 when SLI enabled......but hardly makes any diffrence .

_pappu_ said:
^^u mean sangram
he was saying its not enough juice for his 30inch screen :p

From your smiley I take it you think the 9600GT don't cut the mustard/custard :p

Well at 2560 x 1600 you tell me which 175 $ offering will.
Yeah I meant Sangram.

vinaycm said:
Does this mean that if i enable SLI, then overclcoking is heavily hampered??

no there is nothing like that .... good SLI boards have seperate chip for SLI support so not stress on processor overclocks .

vinaycm said:
Does this mean that if i enable SLI, then overclcoking is heavily hampered??

Yep as robo said, I have no idea where that comes from, and not all sli boards are expensive and sli borads are not as good overclockers as p45 but as a whole sli boards arn't as bad. And I dont really doubt those figures, 9600gt isn't too much far behind 8800gt and we know 8800gt sli is pretty fast, so they beating 4870 isn't really something of a surprise.

i_max2k2 said:
Yep as robo said, I have no idea where that comes from, and not all sli boards are expensive and sli borads are not as good overclockers as p45 but as a whole sli boards arn't as bad. And I dont really doubt those figures, 9600gt isn't too much far behind 8800gt and we know 8800gt sli is pretty fast, so they beating 4870 isn't really something of a surprise.

so then 9600GT SLI cheaper n better than 4870
rather if u r buying 4870 then 8800GT SLI will be good .
just to care......
PSU requirements
SLI mobo

I dont think Sli mobos are BAD overclockers, may be lagging behind the P45.. My ASUS P5N-E Sli (the cheapest Sli mobo) is giving me good overclocks & morevoer rock solid stability..

i_max2k2 said:
lol not even that 8800gt sli consumes less power at load and idle then 4870, so 9600gt sli would be lower then this number for sure!

AnandTech: The Radeon HD 4850 & 4870: AMD Wins at $199 and $299

yup CORSAIR 450VX would be enough for 8800GT SLI .
but no point in pointing out PUS REQUIREMENTS .........coz its general .
am running 8800GTX on my Enterage (local) 450W PSU :ashamed:
ran 8800GTS for more than year on it ...
so what say ? 8800/9800GT SLI OR 9600GT SLI isn't a good deal ?

deathvirus_me said:
4850 CF rulez :p ..
yes agreed .

but at lower budget
9600GT SLI is good deal ..........now we prices of 9600GT around 5.8k
so two cards for ~12k

n these can beat 4870 .....(as per figures)
so isn't a good deal for that budget ?

Back