PC Peripherals A Cabinet of my choice ?

arnuld

Disciple
Recently I saw my friend's Dell Computer. Its has its heat-sink alomost 2-3 times larger than what we usually get whe we buy AMD or Intel CPUs. The interesting thing was the CPU fan, which was not on the top of heat-sink but onto the side of heat-sink (and in the front side of the cabinet) throwing the air from front to the back of the cabinet. Fan was very silent and almost 2-3 times larger than normal fans we get from AMD/Intel. So even after 5 years of usage there was no dust on heat-sink and still no sound from fan :wow: . I consider it a very good design. What do you say ?

Can anyone recommened a cabinet like that, hopefully in rane 4-5K, most probably will buy from Schweta Infotech, CTC, Hyderabad

Most OEM systems and workstations are designed for a silent operation unlike the systems we build at home which generally tend to be noisier in comparison. :p

I'd advise you to get a decent enclosure and plonk in some silent fans, say from Noctua. What are the components that would go into this chassis anyway?

Desecrator said:
Most OEM systems and workstations are designed for a silent operation unlike the systems we build at home which generally tend to be noisier in comparison. :p

Not just the noise, noise is 50% of the problem. Dirt on heat-sink also.

Desecrator said:
I'd advise you to get a decent enclosure and plonk in some silent fans, say from Noctua. What are the components that would go into this chassis anyway?
I did not get your question (may be I am not following the technical words of yours). Enclosure ? ... Plonk ..?? Foreign words for me. Cabinet wil contain everything, MOBO, CPU, PSU, RAM, 2 HDDs, 2 DVD drives.

^Accumulation of dirt could be related to a whole lot of factors - where the cabinet is placed, if the room is exposed to a dusty environment outside, positive/negative pressure build-up inside the cabinet etc.

I was asking what are the specifications of the components that would be installed in this cabinet. We know it houses the motherboard, cpu, ram, psu, hard drives yada yada. But the selection depends on the choice of components. :)

You can buy few fans from Noctua/Scythe and install it into the cabinet which will ensure that your system gets adequate ventilation and runs quieter.

PS: Plonk is a slang for tossing/throwing something into something.

Desecrator said:
^Accumulation of dirt could be related to a whole lot of factors - where the cabinet is placed, if the room is exposed to a dusty environment outside, positive/negative pressure build-up inside the cabinet etc.

You tell me which city is clean nowadays :p. I am in Hyderabad and nearby some dirty, dusty and quite busy roads.

Desecrator said:
I was asking what are the specifications of the components that would be installed in this cabinet. We know it houses the motherboard, cpu, ram, psu, hard drives yada yada. But the selection depends on the choice of components. :)

choice of components ? I still can't get what you mean by this :S . I will use AMD Athlon II X3 440 with Gigabyte 880GM USB3 mobo. 2 DVD drives (one RW + one ROM), 2 SATA HDDs, detalis here
Desecrator said:
You can buy few fans from Noctua/Scythe and install it into the cabinet which will ensure that your system gets adequate ventilation and runs quieter.

PS: Plonk is a slang for tossing/throwing something into something.

Okay, I searched archives and seems like Hyper TX-3 and Katana 3 are most common. What about air filters ? available in INDIA ?

Back