Audio A Compendium of Audio Zone Reviews and Rankings: IEMs, Headphones & Sources

Re: A Compendium of Audio Zone Reviews and Rankings: IEMs, Headphones & Sources

Can I rank the headphones I've owned/heard? I haven't heard that many IEM's, and JH5 will undoubtedly be at the top. :p

^There isn't any rule wherein one cant post his rankings without having heard x number of earphones, so go ahead!

Mephistopheles said:
^There isn't any rule wherein one cant post his rankings without having heard x number of earphones, so go ahead!
+1. The only rule is you should have heard the IEM sufficiently long, nothing else :p

bennysachdev said:
DBA-02 at #2?? Really?

Yep :)

@Fah33M,

Don't worry. We won't mind scrolling two pages to see your ranking of all the 53 (sorry if missed 10/20) IEMs. So, do post them over this weekend :)

bennysachdev said:
DBA-02 at #2?? Really?

My pick.

1) Earsonic SM3
2) Westone W3
3) UE TF10 (recabled)
4) AT Ck10
5) Westone UM3x
6) UE TF10 (stock cable)
7) Ortofon EQ7
8) Re0
9) Re252
10) Radius ddm
11) Re1
12) Brainwavez M2
WTH ? SM3 at no 1 ??? I thought you didn't like them ?

My chances of getting a used pair from you seem to be evaporating. :(

At first no one likes, then almost every one falls for it - magic of SM3. There are quite a few who dislike it though. I was expecting Benny to go the other way and then suddenly I see it at #1 :O

PS: Now, strategy! when are you getting it?

^^ And dont forget Anubhav ! He needs another top-tier IEM. :)

Re 262 is No 1 in my list too
re1 comes next
thn re0
thn s4

only 4........:ashamed:

Sm3 is only at #1 cause i'm eq'ing it. I'm listening to them with the EQ on electronic. I can't take the mids with the eq off, they're just too forward. Little bit of eqing and pretty good throughout the spectrum.

I'll edit my previous post to make it clear.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BF1983 said:
WTH ? SM3 at no 1 ??? I thought you didn't like them ?

My chances of getting a used pair from you seem to be evaporating. :(

I din't, atleast initially. With eqing they're pretty darn good to just throw em away. You might just get the CK10 since its ranking the lowest in my list. I have to Pity-Listen to it on weekends.

esanthosh said:
At first no one likes, then almost every one falls for it - magic of SM3. There are quite a few who dislike it though. I was expecting Benny to go the other way and then suddenly I see it at #1 :O

PS: Now, strategy! when are you getting it?
:mad: :mad:

I AM BANKRUPT :mad:

:cry:

Spare me !

(benny, i see you dont like the CK10 much i can sell my **** to buy it :) )

bennysachdev said:
You might just get the CK10 since its ranking the lowest in my list. I have to Pity-Listen to it on weekends

Sigh! I'm a day late in seeing this :ashamed: :p. Hopefully, strategy does not exactly mean **** when he says ****.

I updated the first post with links to all the rankings in this thread. I need to update mine after 2-3 weeks. Got some stuff on the way!..... And Faheem! Where's your list? :mad: (Hope you can spare sometime for it this week)

esanthosh said:
Sigh! I'm a day late in seeing this :ashamed: :p. Hopefully, strategy does not exactly mean **** when he says ****.

I updated the first post with links to all the rankings in this thread. I need to update mine after 2-3 weeks. Got some stuff on the way!..... And Faheem! Where's your list? :mad: (Hope you can spare sometime for it this week)
Of course Not **** !!!! i cant not dare.

what i meant with **** was that i dont know what it is :p ,

BUT BENNY DO POKE ME WHEN YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL THE CK10, or SM3 ( or the EX1000 , if you get that as well )

I am already the first one in line .Was offered the CK10 few days back :p .

this is wrong :mad:@@@

:cry:

EDIT : rightly said santosh ( ABOUT being serious about this thread )

here i will make my post useful :)

my ranking of IEMs :

1. UM miracle .

FX700

RE262

TF10

Monster turbine (vanilla )

RE0

Image S4 , Brainwavz M1

creative 630, mysterious IEMs

^ Don't worry! Even if you don't get benny's, you may get a second chance provided another person does not like it as much :ashamed:

Hey guys! This is a sticky. We are supposed to be serious around here - Reviews and Ratings ;)

Thanks to esanthosh mentioning EQu on another thread, i'm starting to like the CK10. :p

Would really appreciate if you'll could come up with headphones as well.

Headphones as far as I can say are more dynamic compared to iems. What I mean is some headphones may sound ok on a particular dac but will sound too much or too little in some area on another.

Many headphones require an amp and a good source. I think every time me or anyone else here has auditioned good headphones there has been a change in the chain so its not fair to rate a headphone. Also since most of us don't own as many headphones as iems it would be even more difficult. A person X would always be biased towards the headphone he owns since he/she has or has tried only so few and also since his mind has being tuned to like the sound sig his/her hp produces. Making him justify his purchase rather than rate the headphone based purely on the headphones.

For e.g. I would rate headphone A as #1 but someone might argue that the HD800 is the best even though he/she hasn't heard or even if he/she has heard, he's heard with a better source/amp than mine. Just my 2cents. :)

Updates to my first post

• Added link to my CK10 Impressions
  • Added more IEMs in the ranking list. I missed Hippo Shroom EB last time.
  • Damages in the last update on 26th Feb to now: AT CK10 ($280), Playaz N1 & Xears TDIII (Approx 70 Euros shipped), Brainwavz Alpha (Free. Bundled with Nanite N2 player), Fischer Audio Daleth (Free. Won a contest in Joker's Multi-IEM thread)
  • One more (likely to be) top-tier IEM on the way :ashamed:

Great and insightful read :) Are the Earsonic SM3s available anywhere in India or need to be shipped in from elsewhere?

^ As of now, SM3 needs to be bought from US / some other distributor.

Back