AMD 4400+ 65nm
Zebby calyx cabinet + generic smps :huh:
2 GB transcend ram
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo :S
250 GB sata 2 seagate
19 inch viewsonic lcd
logitech ex-90 cordless KB+ mice
Asus ide dvd writer

Lately i had so many issues Asus dvd writer take 30 secs to load the disk and if heats it simply cnat read the disk. Now its out of warranty
I was running my hdd in IDE mode. Just a week before i am determined to slipstream SB700 sata drivers with the win xp. I was succeeded but C drive simply refuse to format. Returned from AHCI to native IDE but still the problem persist.
I loaded ubuntu and check memory for error instantly the error in pass1 &2 error count shot up more than 40K. Now there is something serious. Removed one RAM from the slot and checked no errors still after pass 7. Happy just for a while. I decided to check the working ram with other slots. Slot 1 & 3 gave flurry of errors. I am like WTF :mad: . Looks to be a conked off board. I was fuming in my heart for the el cheapo PSU. I went today for RMA'ing HDD and RAM stick. I also purchased sammy dvd writer.
I enquired about zebby pro 350W SMPS in Ritchie street the price is @1500. I heard people purchased 350 pro for 1.1~1.2k.
After retuning home i decided to search the net abt the mobo. I came across similar issues with other people too. Corrupting HDD, RAM fail etc. This made me to think who is at fault SMPS or MOBO. The mobo is 15 month old now. How many years does gigabyte provide warranty? Should i change the smps to pro 350 w? Also please tell me where to buy pro 350 in ritchie.
Please tell me what should i do now
After doing some research abt this mobo

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H dead? or maybe not...
GA-MA78GM-S2H problem - TweakTown Forums
two unrelated problems ! - HEXUS.community discussion forums

I am using the mobo myself. Had run into a few issues initially. They were resolved after flashing to the F4 BIOS.

I think my warrenty is for 3 years. I dont remember though. [Voided it already ;)]

u need to replace mobo. it comes with 3yrs warranty.

zebronics generic psu's are famous for problem.. so famous that one of local zebronics distributors stopped dealing with them...

settle for some a little reliable if not much.

even iBall/VIP generic will do on temporary basis...invest in better if you can afford one

Thanks for your reply guys. The reason i cant able to extend my budget beyond 1.5K is i already bought phenom 550 BE a month back but put on hold due to money crunch. I thought of testing the chip with 780G mobo but worried about the psu. Where should I RMA the mobo in chennai. ?
How well zebby pro stand against the quality. what is the warranty period?

For 550BE my set up could be

CM real power 460W (suggestions needed 3.5K max)
biostar 790GXBE available for 4K (suggestions required)
ocz CL4 memory module
some decent cabinet (Antibiotic, bijili...)
SCCF or scythe mugen 2 cooler

i think texonic instruments is the one which deals with gigabyte products. There are diff. branches with deal with diff. components. For ex. the mylapore branch deals with routers/switches i think...

Enquire it and get the number...

Gigabyte Products are serviced at Devi theatre complex...No 103,ABC Center...1st floor

Phone nos: 28412207 / 28412206

Dont remember the name of the shop.The same center also services D-link products..thats how i remember the shop.

GA-MA78GM-S2H has a lot of issues.. though its been used by a lot of AMD fans... i assembled one for my cousin sister and had installation issues.. i had to send it to the service center... the processor carriage was at fault.

Its better to send it for servicing... the service center is right inside the devi theatre complex... Pretty easy to find...

MaRKiV - You said it right...

Myself got into trouble after recommending v1.1 of this board to a friend of mine.

So many problems: gives overheating beep sound even when Windows Vista SP1 /SP2 is being installed, systems goes down when .zip-ing files, etc. At last, the 500GB HDD went off with whole lot of data and info.

I personally found that one of heat sink on their motherboad is very loose, fixed it. Didn't make much difference.

Now, on their website, they have a new version of the board.

ArZuNeOs said:
Gigabyte Products are serviced at Devi theatre complex...No 103,ABC Center...1st floor
Phone nos: 28412207 / 28412206
Dont remember the name of the shop.The same center also services D-link products..thats how i remember the shop.

Accel Frontline.
The entrance is in the side of the building.
Nice friendly people. :eek:hyeah:

Thanks guys as usual TE members helped me. I though mobo carries 1 year warranty so i enquired a chip level service center in ritchie. I gave back the mobo to the dealer (sethia infotech) for RMA. Hell lotsa problems started when i tried to run in AHCI mode.For the past 1 year it ran in IDE. HDD refuses to format the MBR section, gave it to accel frontline. Luckily no data is lost, Hirens boot CD is very good. It contains all essential softwares and bootable mini xp :hap2: .

I received the replacement RAM which is kingston. Now i have 1 transcend 1 gig and a kingston 1 gig.

transcend 1 gb ddr2 800 5-5-5

kingston 1 GB KVR800D2N6

Is this a suitable match?

I will get my replacement HDD is 2 weeks :(

Back