A huge leak may have just revealed the Galaxy S6’s monster specs

Google really need to work on optimization of android,
For God sake mobile device don't need that much power to run it smoothly...
Google need to learn one or two things from Apple regarding os and battery optimization..
But even apple is running the performance race and keep upping the processor power every year. Also people who have iPhone around me still complain that battery doesnt last long. Apple is maybe marginally better with battery life as compared to android.

For me honestly a premium quality device with current specs and battery life with an reasonably good camera works. Rather then the speed its the quality of the chips/sensors and display which makes a good smart phone. A premium looking device with 801 is preferred a S5 with 805. I mean who the hell wants to use whatsapp on a superheats speed.

TBH Samsung needs to work on the build quality then anything else. HTC did that and then screwed up the Camera. I mean come on guys look at Apple they start with a premium materials then build on top of that. Its really not that difficult...

Premium looking device. Reasonably fast Chip, enough RAM, Reasonable camera and awesome battery life with quality sensors. Xiaomi and OnePlus did that and they are successful and yes a good price helps. And I laugh when i hear QHD... I have a bloody 40" Full HD TV and a 5.5" Full HD phone and TBH I really don't have the bandwidth to stream YouTube at 720P. Give me more bandwidth then high res display.

Samsung needs to de-clutter their line-up & make their pricing relevant in the times of 1+1 & Xiaomi, rather than focus on releasing one model after the other.

I had 3 year old iPhone 4. Stand by 24-30 hrs and usage - 8-9Hrs, that too on a 3 year old phone and never replaced my battery.

Even our mod @vyral_143 also gets similar usage and can confirm this.
I've Lenovo p780 which has months of standby time and days of usage time with dual sim support... What's the point in comparing a few years old device which doesn't capable to run your so called updates!

^please to show me a Lenovo or any android which was given official support for 3 years and updates were released quickly.

Regarding battery life, I think that's excellent. Let me check this model.

EDIT: Lenovo model comes with a 4000 mAh battery vs 1420 mAh of iPhone 4 lol

^LOL... whats the point in giving so called buggy update when you cannot use it properly... And these so called updates brought you what? Still cant compete with the feature list in android right... So please wait for another 10 years get the same feature what android got 2 years before.. LOL!!!

Yes lenovo model comes with 4000 mAh battery and it does support dual sim, 720P screen! Does your iphone 4 support...? iphone 5 had the worst battery life in the smart phones i've used so far in my life...

^LOL... whats the point in giving so called buggy update when you cannot use it properly... And these so called updates brought you what? Still cant compete with the feature list in android right... So please wait for another 10 years get the same feature what android got 2 years before.. LOL!!!

Yes lenovo model comes with 4000 mAh battery and it does support dual sim, 720P screen! Does your iphone 4 support...? iphone 5 had the worst battery life in the smart phones i've used so far in my life...
You told me that my device is old and isn't capable to run updates and I just proved you wrong that it is capable of running upgrades. 3 consecutive upgrades, iOS 5, 6 and 7. Yes, iOS 7 was buggy, slow and shit, but 7.1.x fixed it.

LOL...Even I could ask you, what's the point of having buggy OS..LOL.. He He... (this is how you sound, no offense :p)

Well, if you had mentioned feature list, then I would have agreed! But you didn't. Features of Android >>> Features of iOS, anyday!

P780 was launched in 2013 and iPhone 4 2010. Please check, when iPhone 4 was launched, how was it's display compared to other models. and yeah, you still haven't answered my question ;-)

^ Did you read my reply properly? What features your 3 consecutive upgrades brought you? First list the feature list you got and then ask me.. :LOL

BTW buggy OS.. ask your tim cook.. what is mean by buggy OS aka ios 8 :)

Haven't we had enough of fanboy-ism already. Chill guys. Each OS has its set of merits and demerits. With the amount of features android needs more resources and hence a bigger battery. We need better battery tech before we see powerful phones < 5 inches in size. There's no point packing all the power when it does not even last half a day.
P.S - Wasn't Galaxy alpha supposed to cater to the premium small sized phone segment? Whatever happened to that?

Samsung needs to de-clutter their line-up & make their pricing relevant in the times of 1+1 & Xiaomi, rather than focus on releasing one model after the other.
Thats exactly the opposite of their business model. They believe in making >100% profits from this flagship devices and so we see premium prices being charged and later the prices fall like no analogy I know....
Thats the same with all the leading giants... Even their recent flagship devices which cost about $200-250 are sold upto $600~800... This gives them the margin to experiment and also splurge on hiring big starts for advt. Look at the campaigns Samsung runs.... no other mobile company might be spending that much... (In India MMX seems to be coming close) ....
They are doing it for cart loads of profit.... not to make enthus like you and me happy by providing a flagship device every year at cheap prices....

That worked so far. But times have changed, if they don't, well....Nokia will have company! Of course they can continue to remain a component supplier ...

So a thread abt the upcoming android flagship from Samsung suddenly became iOS versus Android warzone. What intrigues me is that why dont people just buy both and enjoy the best of both worlds?? Anyway if we are talking about optimizing battery and hardware resources in a smartphone, then where Google should learn that is not from iOS, but the older Symbian or even the WebOS. New kids may not have used these smart os'es, but they are a perfect example of what multi-tasking really is and how it should be implemented in a smartphone with low hardware resources and smaller capacity battery...

Why talk about the iPhone 4 when 5 and 6 are out. Many people in my office are complaining about the poor battery life of 5 and 6. They carry a power bank always with them and when they arent travelling the phone is always hooked onto the charger. Lol

Galaxy S6’s monster specs seemingly confirmed in new leak

By Chris Smith on Dec 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Following a purported Galaxy S6 AnTuTu benchmark test that leaked online last week and revealed many of the phone’s most important specs, a second image showing a similar benchmark test has popped up online, via Dutch website Mobinfo.nl, listing the same set of specs for the upcoming Samsung flagship handset.

According to the leaked image (available below), the SM-G925F — the codename believed to be assigned to the Galaxy S6 — will feature a Quad HD (2560 x 1440 resolution) display, octa-core processor, Mali-T768 graphics processing unit, and a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera. The device also happens to be running Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The previous leak also revealed the SM-925F has a 5.5-inch display, packing 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, but listed a 20-megapixel main camera, rather than a 16-megapixel one.

Phone Arena speculates that the handset might ditch the physical button and integrate a fingerprint sensor underneath the display because these leaked screenshots show exactly a Quad HD resolution, suggesting the phone won’t have on-screen navigation buttons.

Furthermore, the publication notes other potential Galaxy S6 specs, as listed in previous rumors, including a 5.5-inch display, tri-band Cat. 10 LTE modem, and a 64-bit Exynos 7 Octa processor. Other reports also suggested a dual-edged Galaxy S6.

Even though these images suggest Samsung is already testing Galaxy S6 versions, the company has yet to confirm whether the SM-925F is actually its next Galaxy S model.

samsung-galaxy-s6-antutu-benchmark.jpg

samsung should bring out 4 gb of ram, snapdragon 810, water resistence of xperia grade along with polished metal body...then its game on

samsung should bring out 4 gb of ram, snapdragon 810, water resistence of xperia grade along with polished metal body...then its game on

Forget that.
Design philosophy matters.
And a very plus for UI.Samsung should optimize touchwiz like the Moto optimized Stock Android on their phone.

Then game is on.

Back