A mini-project ideas needed

skylark

Adept
Hey everyone!

We have a semester mini-project. Got to design a website using HTML,CSS, ASP, JSP, PHP. All the li'l concepts have to be incorporated into it. Now I really need to know, what topic can be chosen. I mean, what kind of a website that can be designed. Any help will be appreciated. :)

TIA.

Re: A mini-project ideas

skylark said:
Hey everyone!

We have a semester mini-project. Got to design a website using HTML,CSS, ASP, JSP, PHP. All the li'l concepts have to be incorporated into it. Now I really need to know, what topic can be chosen. I mean, what kind of a website that can be designed. Any help will be appreciated. :)

TIA.

Is this for school or college?

You can create a mock website for your college/school/hostel.

html, css, jsp everywhere. You can put in some nice transitioning effects for photos, videos. Create something like cover flow for images using CSS.

php, asp can be used for a page where you have a list of Students/Residents or for some sort of registration form.

You can create mock sections for anything you want to implement.

You can consider following projects.

1)Railway Reservation/Bus Reservation

2)Library management.

3)Collage Database Inventory.(Consisting students past records like marks scored, achievements)

Considering little time span you can take any of above mentioned project.

If need any help i will there to help you out.

I forgot to mention the speed of developing.

If you want to create any website quickly visual studio is a best software to go with (ASP.net).

You can download video tutorial where they have developed entire project using visual studio 2005.
Please find the link.General ASP.NET Videos : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
You can download entire Quiz Engine project video tutorial and source code (Please use it for understanding purpose :) ).
I

whatsinaname said:
Is this for school or college?

html, css, jsp everywhere. You can put in some nice transitioning effects for photos, videos. Create something like cover flow for images using CSS.

php, asp can be used for a page where you have a list of Students/Residents or for some sort of registration form.

You can create mock sections for anything you want to implement.

Third year engineering. And it is a mock website. ;)

pinga123 said:
You can consider following projects.
1)Railway Reservation/Bus Reservation
2)Library management.
3)Collage Database Inventory.(Consisting students past records like marks scored, achievements)

Considering little time span you can take any of above mentioned project.
If need any help i will there to help you out.

Thanks for your suggestions, but reservation systems and management systems are old and taken. I was looking for something new. ;)

I mentioned 3 weeks just to be on a safer side. :p

Ok you can then go for following

phishing avoidance in Netbanking.

Social networking site for collage students and teachers with lot of mirch masala stuff put in.(Great Concept).

Last year winner project of my collage.

Managing all electric equipment of collage through a website.

You can show visual diagram of collage floors and list of electrical equipment running with a option to switch them off.(Fan ,Tube light e.t.c ).

Imagine saving lot of electricity bill .

You will be real hero in front of your principal

I will tell you the requirement if you want.

Do reply here with out any smiley :)

You could create a website like gsmarena(scaled down version), provide users specifications of various phone models,price etc.
Provide additional functionalities like search,compare etc.

skylark which project you have selected?

do reply here.

skylark which project you have selected?
do reply here.

whatsinaname said:

+1! This is what we did for our final sem project. We werent allowed to use any editors, using notepad to make those pages was a PAIN :mad:

You can try a simple CMS (like joomla) - it will have a front end and a admin section.
Or a simple shopping cart. These projects will help you learn a lot about the language.

Larky,
How about building a forum? A simple one. Incorporate the admin section, manager section and simple user sections. Also have gallery, user uploads into that. You'll learn about using APIs to upload files.

This would also give you an insight of how forum softwares work. There might be plenty of open source code out there :p

Or, create a monitoring site to manage the machines in the network. Run agent applications on the clients and manager on the monitoring server to get update status of the machines, no of users, load, and also add remove management capabilities as much as your time permits :p

SunnyBoi said:
+1! This is what we did for our final sem project. We werent allowed to use any editors, using notepad to make those pages was a PAIN :mad:

OT: You should have used Notepad++, that would have lessened your pain. :rofl:

Back