A noob's guide on buying consoles!

I will be getting a pS4 Pro in Nov. that would be my first console. I would like to ask few questions about disc vs digital games
1. How durable is the disc based game? What happens if the console damages the disc without external force? Anyone faced any damage to disc over extended play or repeated runs of a game over long time?
Disc is used to install a game first time. Most of the game is install into consoles' harddisk. After that its mainly used for verification purposes. Even if you have small capacity console, the console wouldnt damage the cd due to long running hours.

I plan to purchase the PS+ membership but have doubt, I plan to use US PlayStation store to purchase games (cant add payment option for India store! and don't want to go the long route as I am not in India). So I would set US PSN ID as my primary. If I buy PS+ for US (as will buy most games on that account) can I play online games (US PSN owned) on Indian PSN ID? or will I need PS+ for Indian PSN also? or I can't play online US games on non-US PSNs?
TIA

I plan to purchase the PS+ membership but have doubt, I plan to use US PlayStation store to purchase games (cant add payment option for India store! and don't want to go the long route as I am not in India). So I would set US PSN ID as my primary. If I buy PS+ for US (as will buy most games on that account) can I play online games (US PSN owned) on Indian PSN ID? or will I need PS+ for Indian PSN also? or I can't play online US games on non-US PSNs?
TIA

If you are subscribing now then don't bother creating 2 ids because PS+ IGC now is the same for India which is the EU region and US. They used to be different earlier but are now the same. You won't be getting the game released prior to this as it is not similar to Origins Vault. The games you get will start from the time you took the PS+ Subscription. Also please note that if you subscribed and then didn't renew for a month or 2 and then renew you would not be able to access the games from IGC in those 2 months and if you don't mark the games as purchased that there for grabs in IGC that month which you can't access without renewing will not be available when you renew on a later date.

If you are subscribing now then don't bother creating 2 ids because PS+ IGC now is the same for India which is the EU region and US. They used to be different earlier but are now the same. You won't be getting the game released prior to this as it is not similar to Origins Vault. The games you get will start from the time you took the PS+ Subscription. Also please note that if you subscribed and then didn't renew for a month or 2 and then renew you would not be able to access the games from IGC in those 2 months and if you don't mark the games as purchased that there for grabs in IGC that month which you can't access without renewing will not be available when you renew on a later date.
Yes, I agree about games being same but two important things
1. PS+ subscriptions can be bought heavily discounted for US compared to India
2. I can't purchase (games) on Indian store due to payment issues so no point getting the PS+
Hence the question.

Thanks,
but just to get things clear, to play online from a non primary account a game purchased on a primary account do we need PS+ on both accounts or only the primary?

Noise Shouldn't be an issue.

AAA titles like FIFA, Batman, Uncharted would take up at least 40GB each. Just keep that in mind and get the correct storage version.

There is a good used discs market. And if you are patient digital downloads come with a discount.
can u let me know what market for used games and whr to download digital games with discount.

Is it okay to charge Dualshock 3 controllers using phone charger/powerbank? Wondering if it will have any negative effects on the battery life? Or should I just stick to charging it with PS3 only...

i have been charging my DS4 controller using my phone's charger every-now-&-then. havent observed any ill-effects.

Hello, everyone. I’m considering buying PS4 slim. Could you tell me, please, what pitfalls can arise when buying this second-hand console, what should I look at first of all?

Hello, everyone. I’m considering buying PS4 slim. Could you tell me, please, what pitfalls can arise when buying this second-hand console, what should I look at first of all?
great decision. No issues really. just check it thoroughly and buy 2nd hand which has atleast 1 month warranty to be on a safer side. chk with 4-5 disks to make sure no issues. chk heating issues (if the console not under a warranty)

Actually does it really matters upto what size of hdd can be upgraded since most users would be looking to get the basics first

Guys, what should I draw my attention to when buying ps 3? The thing is I want to buy this console, but I don't know what hidden problems it may contain.

Guys, what should I draw my attention to when buying ps 3? The thing is I want to buy this console, but I don't know what hidden problems it may contain.

If you are buying new one, Super Slim is available only. I had got one 3 years ago and its still in perfect shape. If you are getting used one @prabs can give good inputs.

get super slim ones, less chance of getting a defective piece. Always check once before buying. see if the CD is getting read without any problems. See if the fans are spinning too hard even without playing games

If you are buying new one, Super Slim is available only. I had got one 3 years ago and its still in perfect shape. If you are getting used one @prabs can give good inputs.

@vyral_143 - :)

@Nimeran - Please specify whether you are buying a new or an used console. If you are buying a new console make sure you are buying from a Sony authorized seller. If you are buying an used PS3 look for the following things -
1. The cover mechanism. It should lock in a single attempt and when you open it, it slides all the way.
2. When you open the cover the disc stops spinng. That is how it is supposed to work. If you open the cover and it is still spinning.
3. Check the lens. Best way to check is games that don't install on the hdd. Check if there are stutters during cutscenes on such games.
4. If you get a super slim with a HDD - generally people don't buy the 500 GB model so - remove the hdd and check the HDD's health on HDTune.
5. Do I need to mention overall physical inspection of the console and it's accessories.

P.S.: On a side note it makes more sense to go for a PS4 instead of PS3 now unless you want to play a specific title not available on PS4 but available on PS3.

Back