A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Thanks Sir. I have alrady paid up for One S :) :)

Hahahaha that explains your stand.

There's nothing exclusive about Xbox this generation but that doesn't mean it sucks.

I was fed up with Microsoft Store's retardedness on PC which made launching Forza Horizon 4 a real PITA so bought a Xbox One for it.

As much as I love my PS4 Pro and Switch I can assure you of this there's nothing like FH4 on them and I ended up buying a bunch of 360 games that were backward compatible. Then I ended up buying a few games that were not on the backward compatible list and somehow ended up with a 360 last week :expressionless:

Moral of the story - Each console has it's pros and cons. Just enjoy what they're meant for - Gaming

@sushil.mudgil - What you might want to do is get an external HDD if you're interested in backward compatibility because the entire game is downloaded in the name of patch. You can expand the storage that way. I use a 1.5 TB external.

Hahahaha that explains your stand.
Moral of the story - Each console has it's pros and cons. Just enjoy what they're meant for - Gaming

@sushil.mudgil - What you might want to do is get an external HDD if you're interested in backward compatibility because the entire game is downloaded in the name of patch. You can expand the storage that way. I use a 1.5 TB external.

Heheh I never got into XBOX VS PS4 debate. Thats why i said that it's your use case which decides which console is better for you. I am not a fan boy that i go on bashing PS4 just b,cause i bought a X box. Both consoles are good and bad at their places. the day these companies, will get a perfect product, that will be dooms day for their wallets.

My stand is still same - X box meets my use case and give me better bang of my buck so i bought one. PS 4 while meeting my use casse was costly for my wallet.

Storage- I already have a 2 TB USB 3.0 Seagate so i can leverage that. I firmly beleive that no amount of Memory & storage is enough these day ;)

Last edited:
My PS3 just conked off; not sure what the prob is.
Suggestions for any local repair shop in BLR ?

Am a light gamer with not more than a few hours/month usage ; hence ps3 suffices and want to get this repaired and not upgrade.

Sorry guys was a bit caught up and couldn't reply in time but now that I am here...

My PS3 just conked off; not sure what the prob is.
Suggestions for any local repair shop in BLR ?

Am a light gamer with not more than a few hours/month usage ; hence ps3 suffices and want to get this repaired and not upgrade.

Can you tell us what is going on? Is it YLOD? Model and date of purchase?

Could you let me know any links for such add-ons.. And which console has more FPS content/games available ? PS or Xbox?

I do use the Max Shooter One but recently I tried it on the PS4 and it was not working. I am not sure if an update blocked the device because it used to work earlier in Killzone Shadow Fall.

I am happy to report that it still works on Xbox One when I used it a few months back on Halo Master Chief Collection to prank my friends into thinking that people with Windows Insider got early access to the game. Please note recently a 42 GB patch was released for the game and I haven't tried it post patch.

Max Shooter is said to work on PS3 and 360 as well. I have tried it out on PS3 in Spec Ops The Line and it worked beautifully. I have not tested it on 360 but I can give it a shot if you want.

@delhiboy1 The answer to the highlighted section is what generation are we talking about. If it is 7th generation then 360 and if it is 8th generation it is PS4 but you can again vouch for Xbox One because

1. Sony has always has had a more balanced library so FPS has not always been the main focus and it's exclusives are spread out. The Xbox instead caters more to the west and their love for FPS and has 2 of the best shooter franchises - Halo and Gears of War
2. Let's talk about 8th Gen - Sony this gen had Killzone Shadow fall vs Microsoft's Gears of War 4, Gears of War 5, Halo 5 and Halo MCC. Series like Battlefield, CoD etc., are multiplatform and common between both platforms
3. Sony PS4 has no Backward compatibility but Xbox does and guess what - If you go through the list of games backward compatible you get all CoD and battlefield games that were on 360 playing on your Xbox one. Even if you decide to ignore Halo MCC released on Xbox One you still get every Halo game released on 360. To make this deal sweeter let's add every 360 Gears of War game to the mix

I think the answer is definitive - Xbox One

Damn.. Thank you for the detailed comparison between the two.. It helps a lot .. !!

One more quick question : any idea which is a better 4K/UHD Blu Ray player between the two? And whether there it has a region-free Blu Ray player?

Last edited:
Sorry guys was a bit caught up and couldn't reply in time but now that I am here...

Can you tell us what is going on? Is it YLOD? Model and date of purchase?

Super Slim version ; ~4+ years.
Not YLOD, infact no response/light.

Any way to get the power supply checked first ? (My suspect )

Since warranty is out of question, did open it up to see if I could figure something out.
Still in disassembled state at home.

Super Slim version ; ~4+ years.
Not YLOD, infact no response/light.

Any way to get the power supply checked first ? (My suspect )

Since warranty is out of question, did open it up to see if I could figure something out.
Still in disassembled state at home.

I got a number from a friend (Nighttroller from IVG) in Bengaluru. He got a few things fixed by this guy
Kiran - 98865 74871

Damn.. Thank you for the detailed comparison between the two.. It helps a lot .. !!

One more quick question : any idea which is a better 4K/UHD Blu Ray player between the two? And whether there it has a region-free Blu Ray player?

Both consoles have a Blu Ray player but ironically PS4 and PS4 Pro doesn't have support for 4K/UHD Blu Ray. It can play 4K content from Netflix and streaming service but not disc. Xbox One to the rescue in this case as well.

What about a guide for 2020

Also which one is good for used item at cheap price

Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Xbox one
PlayStation 4

Just some fun ..

What could be the price now in 2020 for used console

What about a guide for 2020

Also which one is good for used item at cheap price

Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Xbox one
PlayStation 4

Just some fun ..

What could be the price now in 2020 for used console

Do you plan to buy one and where are you located?

Back