A PC Gamer's wishlist for 2011

Re: A PC Gamer's wishlist for the rest of 2011. (By Aman27deep)

^^

Hoping Witcher 2 causes some heads to turn, first edition lacked the polished graphics, but new engine and combat theory plans to push the RPG genre in a new direction, plus I liked the delayed reaction system featured in the first game really shows there is no right or wrong in black and white, makes the choice points even more prickly depending on your decision.

Plus CD PROJECKT RED is the only company which has taken active steps to reconcile the gaming community by putting the DRM monster into its rightful place. DLC's and Enhanced edition upgrade was free for registered users (hark to current BIOWARE titles Dragon Age and MASS EFFECT) backed by a stable mature story. Basically absolutely loved the first game, I did.

^Is Witcher 2 combat like that of Fallout 3 i.e third person action? or is it like dragon age point and click system? IRC Witcher 1 had point and click gameplay which after playing games like Fallout and Mass effect is a bit of a turn off for me.

November will also have Assassin's Creed: Revelations!!!!!!! :D Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

ALPHA17 said:
^^

Hoping Witcher 2 causes some heads to turn, first edition lacked the polished graphics, but new engine and combat theory plans to push the RPG genre in a new direction, plus I liked the delayed reaction system featured in the first game really shows there is no right or wrong in black and white, makes the choice points even more prickly depending on your decision.

Plus CD PROJECKT RED is the only company which has taken active steps to reconcile the gaming community by putting the DRM monster into its rightful place. DLC's and Enhanced edition upgrade was free for registered users (hark to current BIOWARE titles Dragon Age and MASS EFFECT) backed by a stable mature story. Basically absolutely loved the first game, I did.
Yea dude, cant wait for Witcher 2. Already downloading my pre-order copy right now. :) I'm expecting it to be a awesome experience!!

Bluffmaster said:
^Is Witcher 2 combat like that of Fallout 3 i.e third person action? or is it like dragon age point and click system? IRC Witcher 1 had point and click gameplay which after playing games like Fallout and Mass effect is a bit of a turn off for me.
No Sir, it is an upgraded one which mixes the combo click functionality of Assassin's Creed and combo-chain executions and for the SIGNS they have brought out a Mass Effect-esque point and shoot system.

During combat you do not pause while you access your inventory for special items like bombs, salves and poultices OR SIGNS the time is slowed down, you can still be harmed from enemy attacks but this feature allows seamless integration of a chain attack of SIGN + healing salve + grenade throw.

pretttt said:
Yea dude, cant wait for Witcher 2. Already downloading my pre-order copy right now. :) I'm expecting it to be a awesome experience!!
Where are you downloading it from :O. Tell me please, need to get thees original. PM me details, thanks in advance.

aercy said:
November will also have Assassin's Creed: Revelations!!!!!!! :D Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
It will come only for XBox 360 and PS3 at that time and then they will go on a 3 month hiatus to deliver a un-cr-ac-ka-ble DRM + UPlay combo (for PC) which will be cracked in a day by
SKIDROW RELOADED
and that will be the ultimate :ashamed: for UBISOFT and it will leave the original buyers in the water as usual.

ALPHA17 said:
It will come only for XBox 360 and PS3 at that time and then they will go on a 3 month hiatus to deliver a un-cr-ac-ka-ble DRM + UPlay combo (for PC)
I so wanna kick Ubisoft's BuTt for this :mad:

ALPHA17 said:
Where are you downloading it from :O. Tell me please, need to get thees original. PM me details, thanks in advance.

From GoG.com. Its a digital distribution website owned by CDProjekt, the studio behind Witcher. So, by buying there, you are paying 100% money to the developers! But, its quite expensive :p Most I would ever spend on a game. But checkout the free goodies u get.

pretttt said:
From GoG.com. Its a digital distribution website owned by CDProjekt, the studio behind Witcher. So, by buying there, you are paying 100% money to the developers! But, its quite expensive :p Most I would ever spend on a game. But checkout the free goodies u get.
LOL i think he thought u were pre-loading Witcher 2.

Aman27deep said:
LOL i think he thought u were pre-loading Witcher 2.
Yea dude.. I'm pre-loading Witcher 2 only!!

Click that link. Its for the witcher 2 page.

Update -

Deleted Mass Effect 3

Added Assassin's Creed revelations

Added MW3.

Added the metacritic scores for Hunted, RF and D!RT 3.

Corrected the Release date of BF3.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys tell me if i can do anything more to improve this thread.

October and November are gonna be very busy months as 8 mammoth titles are releasing during these two months.

Here are the latest release dates to get all of you excited : :hap2:

1. FIFA 12 : 30 September, 2011 [ After the success of Fifa 11, everyone is excited about Fifa 12 since it is said to bring some critical changes to the way Fifa is played. I am definitly excited. ]

2. Rage : 4 October, 2011 [ This gorgeous post apocalyptic shooter has got the attention of many gamers. Afterall its an ID game. ]

3. Batman - Arkham City : 18 October, 2011 [ A sequel to the critically acclaimed Arkham Asylum, this one is looking even more awesome than the original. And this time you get to play as catwoman. Nuff said. ]

4. Battlefield 3 : 25 October, 2011 [ Probably the most anticipated PC game of 2011, this one is already looking like a next gen title. It is interesting to note that the release date was pushed up to October 25 from December in wake of Call of Duty releasing in November. Battlefiled 3 now not only has a superior graphical advantage over MW3 but also the advantage of releasing first. ]

5. Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 : 8 November, 2011
[ Another year and another Call of Duty title. But this time its Modern Warfare 3. The stakes are higher than ever and we should expect a lot of intense epic battles. Like its prequels, expect this one to sell millions. Its comparisons are already being made to BF3, whoever emerges the winner of this duel, its the gamers who are going to be the ultimate winners. ]

6. The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim : 11 November, 2011
[ Its any RPG lovers dream. Sequel to the critically acclaimed Oblivion, Skyrim is looking gorgeous. It boasts of 300+ hours of gameplay. If Value for money title is what you are looking for, this is it. Its going to keep you busy for the better part of the next year. ]

7. Need For Speed Run : 17 November, 2011
[ The Need for Speed title is looking promising. It has some new gameplay elements and a story mode to boot. Fans who have been waiting for a worthy successor of Most Wanted or Underground might just find it in RUN. ]

8. Assassin's Creed Revelations - 30 November, 2011
[ Another in the hit series of Assassin's creed. From the trailer it is looking good. Oh and it stars both Ezio and Altair this time. ]

So which of the above titles are you excited the most about? Battlefield 3 DOES NOT count as everyone is excited about it. For me, its in this order :

Skyrim > Batman > Rage > Call of Duty > Need for Speed > Fifa 12 > Assassin's Creed

Bluffmaster said:
So which of the above titles are you excited the most about? Battlefield 3 DOES NOT count as everyone is excited about it. For me, its in this order :

Skyrim > Batman > Rage > Call of Duty > Need for Speed > Fifa 12 > Assassin's Creed
I'll ignore your "Battlefield 3 DOES NOT count" part, cause that holds no truth for me.

BF3 > BF3 > BF3 > BF3 > FIFA 12 > Ass Creed - Rev for me :p

rest i personally don't care much about.

UPDATE - Added NFS - The Run.

^From that I meant that ofcource everyone is excited about BF3. It is the first "Next Gen" game of this generation. But you ought to be excited about something apart from BF3, right? Are you telling me that you are not a in least bit anticipating games like Rage, Skyrim or Arkham City? :eek:

Back