A perk from Google ...

PoBoy

Skilled
... pair of Google Local Guide socks. ;)

IMG_20200128_173405956_PS_800x600.jpg

Earning my socks : Patan Kund on Google Maps

My review :
Stumbled upon this kund / talav on 19th Feb 2020 when I was walking to Rani Ki Vav. It's right opposite the Kalika Maa mandir. One of the locals told me that in more than two years I was the first person to enter this place. There are some carvings, one niche has a Yoni but the Shiv-ling is gone ! Look at the attached pics it's really so sad to find something like this neglected. In the monsoons it might be full of water - if any of you pass by please post a pic. If you can inform the Patan Municipal Corp. about this kund, please do. Even the locals did not know its name - so I named it Patan Kund, and added it to Google Maps.
Rating it five stars.

patan_kund_180.jpgpatan_kund_110.jpg

More : Patan Kund

Last edited:
So Mr Gajanan Rao..local guide...
Seems you recently travelled to Matheran... is the train running or as always suspended for the usual issues?
in dec train was running between matheran & amam lodge.
due to heavy rains last year, tracks were damaged.
no update after that.

edit : you could watch this instead :p
Toy train from Neral to Matheran
Post automatically merged:

One more site paying the price for the fame of Rani Ki Vav : Old Masjid and Maqbara, Google Maps

I had to add it to Google Maps as "Old Masjid and Maqbara".

My review:
Saw this maqbara & masjid when walking to Sahasralinga Tank. Right next to Rani Ki Vav and missed by everyone. Old abandoned masjid and a maqbara with two graves. I asked the people living nearby the name of this place but I just could not understand what they said. If any of you know the correct name, please post here. I feel for places like this; old, not 'restored', treated like a step-child ;-). See the attached pics and decide if this place deserves better or not. Visitors to the pampered child, Rani Ki Vav, could drop in here too.

More : Old Masjid and Maqbara

Last edited:
Back