A smartband with Spo2 feature

I wish to purchase a smartband which shall have accurate heart rate monitoring (especially at the high zone, not resting zone) along with Spo2 (blood oxygen level) feature. I need it for mainly these two aforesaid functions. I would have bought a pulse oximetre if those things didn't shoot up in price by 2-3 times, so it's pointless to purchase at inflated price, whereas the smartbands have retained their prices despite the prevailing epidemic.

I was looking at the honor band 5, as reviews said it has an accurate heart rate sensor built in to it, but a device that cheap, I wonder whether the results are consistent, also regarding the Sp02's accuracy on the said device, there has not been many feedback.

Please advise.

Not a single fitness band provide accurate Spo2 level, even Samsung has skip spo2 sensor in their newer phone as it was way incorrect.

Fitness band doesn't produce enough light which need to pass through blood in finger, all band will provide good result in range of 97-100 but what everyone need is good accuracy prediction below 94...

Oximeters still available in regular medical hardware shop for around 1500 here in ahmedabad at least...

Personally, I wouldn't trust these smart bands to get accurate and medically useful readings. I doubt any of these smart watches with heart rate and spo2 sensors are certified/viable for medical use. They probably come with disclaimers advising against using it as a medical device alternative.
Apple watch does give a warning for its ECG readings, if you feel unwell, don't wait and use the watch, seek medical assistance immediately.

Its ok for non serious uses, but if you want reliable/accurate readings, I would trust a made for medical use device more than a smart watch.

Unless you need an app and need to record/log your measurements.
Not sure if there are medical grade devices with app support, there could be such devices but not sure about the price range.

^ smart bands are fashion statement? not at all. infact they look ugly and dont go well with any outfit. I use my honor band 3 regularly for tracking my sleep and badminton and it works well

pulse oximeters are available for 1.5k~2k now. OP should check once again at local pharmacy

^ smart bands are fashion statement? not at all. infact they look ugly and dont go well with any outfit. I use my honor band 3 regularly for tracking my sleep and badminton and it works well

pulse oximeters are available for 1.5k~2k now. OP should check once again at local pharmacy
Depends. Black color goes well on any color. But if anything funky then it looks odd. But today funky is fashion so if you are decently matching your outfit you are considered odd or out of fashion. These are not my words but todays fashion style...
Glad I don't have any bands nor want to be a slave of such gadgets tracking me or having any health dependency. If ever I will own any it will purely for playing purpose...

Personally, I wouldn't trust these smart bands to get accurate and medically useful readings. I doubt any of these smart watches with heart rate and spo2 sensors are certified/viable for medical use. They probably come with disclaimers advising against using it as a medical device alternative.
Apple watch does give a warning for its ECG readings, if you feel unwell, don't wait and use the watch, seek medical assistance immediately.

Its ok for non serious uses, but if you want reliable/accurate readings, I would trust a made for medical use device more than a smart watch.

Unless you need an app and need to record/log your measurements.
Not sure if there are medical grade devices with app support, there could be such devices but not sure about the price range.
I am not sure about the SPO2 accuracy. But the heart rate sensors are decently accurate. I myself tested the heart rate measured by Honor Band 5i and its off by 1 BPM compared to using a medically certified device.

I am not sure about the SPO2 accuracy. But the heart rate sensors are decently accurate. I myself tested the heart rate measured by Honor Band 5i and its off by 1 BPM compared to using a medically certified device.
Do you check it only while resting? I've heard these are fairly accurate for resting zone heart rates but as soon as it needs to be pushed, say after intense workout, these can't show results accordingly. Have you experienced the same?

Do you check it only while resting? I've heard these are fairly accurate for resting zone heart rates but as soon as it needs to be pushed, say after intense workout, these can't show results accordingly. Have you experienced the same?
I am not sure of the reason why it would not work on high BPM. I can check and confirm by tomorrow during my workout sessions.

Don't remember name now, it was Indian company from jaipur with made in Indian logo.

Compare it with Dr trust oximeter which was purchased last diwali and both show same reading so no point in selling out 4000+ plus for Dr trust or any other reputable brand.

Last diwali bought Dr trust oximeter for 1320..

Don't remember name now, it was Indian company from jaipur with made in Indian logo.

Compare it with Dr trust oximeter which was purchased last diwali and both show same reading so no point in selling out 4000+ plus for Dr trust or any other reputable brand.

Last diwali bought Dr trust oximeter for 1320..
If possible please mention the make and model. Dr. Trust itself isn't particularly a trusted or reliable company AFAIK.

Back