A smartband with Spo2 feature

Instead of pulse oxymeter, learn to count the breaths per minute. It should be 1/4 th of your heart rate. If it's more by a significant number, you are having dyspnea.

Sorry for the out of topic question. I need a cheap watch ( preferably digital with sleep tracking) How are the Xiaomi bands? They are available here very cheap.
I have a couple of those cheap but very reliable square g shocks ( all batteries are dying, used them for 5 years 24*7*365) but cannot replace the batteries now. And I will never buy an expensive smart watch or a Swiss automatic ( proudly wear the hmt jawans as dress watch and have a bunch of them bought from eBay India...they are my only memoirs from India)

Last edited:
@belictony Have you checked. Is it accurate on exertion
I have been using it for nearly a month now, and boy I used it extensively, just to check the accuracy of its heart rate sensor though and I can say that is one crazy device. On occasions, the readings are absurdly correct, like 99%. For ex: if manual reading gives 90, it would show 88-89 etc. Yes, every time I used this to check my pulse, I followed up with a manual reading, every damn time. Now fortunately, these positive occasions are more in number, like 80-85% time it would output a correct reading, but for those 10-15% it isn't, it's way off. I mean one day it showed me 110 BPM, while manual reading was 82. I was like OK. It was not a one time case either. In fact, I got so annoyed with the incorrect readings, I even took photos and all to create a sale thread, but the next morning it gave on dot readings again. Like I said, a crazy biach.

In regards to exertion, I tested it today for a 2.5 kms walking session and it showed me a max of 135 and avg. of 124 BPM. Obviously I can't check their accuracy, but upon return right before unlocking my door I checked again and it showed bpm of 124 and manually checking the same gave me a reading of 126, but at that rate added by my sweating you can expect some errors in my reading.

If anyone is using it, or planning to get one, the tip is to completely cover the sensor (the main sensor and the LEDs on both sides) with your index finger and take the SpO2 reading, that way I found it was accurate. I mean I always check for SpO2 that way only, unlike how Hawai suggests on the wrist, Lol. I just don't get how the sensor can track more accurately on the wrist than on a finger. If outside then I would also suggest to wear the band on underside of the wrist instead of above. This is just my speculation though, that it should give more accurate reading underside of wrist or on the fingers, who knows maybe it's better indeed to wear it how Hawai suggests, I don't know Lol, but I am just going by common sense. The main thing is, how you are wearing it matters a lot, the position and how tight, never wear it too tight, but loose is even worse.

For the time being, sale thread is on hold as I plan to keep the device. Lol. And that was my mini review of this as well.

Back