A-VO-ID 4G data packs in response to Jio

Seems like a one time deal. Have you used idea's internet on your smartphone before?!
Got a message it's for next 3 recharges till Dec 31. Have been using data since idea started 2/3g in my circle, Though have not done any 2/3g recharge for the past 6 months now as using JIO.

Even Vodafone is giving 9GB data free for users who have at least 1GB pack and get a new 4G handset. But turned out you can only use that data between 12am-6am,

Last edited:
gsnWsD3.png

Airtel UP in disguise. I'm sure its A-A unlimited.

vodafone has decent 4g, however their rates are not dropping!
Vodafone is super smug and are not worried about port outs as well. They don't give better plan and when request comes from new operator. They reject giving stupid reasons.
I had to kick their ass in local language then at second attempt,my port puts worked.

I have a problem with these only 4G data from Airtel/Idea/Vodafone... You cannot make calls on 4G, so incase of Poor 4G or the connection doesn't switches to 4G mode from 3G mode after finishing a call or you forget to check the signal bar. Your will obviously end up paying your bill in 5 Digit Figure.

I have a problem with these only 4G data from Airtel/Idea/Vodafone... You cannot make calls on 4G, so incase of Poor 4G or the connection doesn't switches to 4G mode from 3G mode after finishing a call or you forget to check the signal bar. Your will obviously end up paying your bill in 5 Digit Figure.

I agree with you, but not for the reasons you gave. I had a word with Airtel, and they use the IMEI and model of the phone to determine if 4G or 3G handset. Irrespective of your signal - 2g/3g/4g, you get the benefits. BTW, calling is 3G only, not 4G anywhere except Jio.

My grouse is that they are behaving like idiots with the 4G requirement. If I bought a new mobile now, it will have 4G, and it will have VOLTE. In that case, I would actually take a SIM from Jio and cut down on the AVOID group. However, if I had an older phone, I cannot move to Jio, and so will be stuck with these new plans where 3G gets a beating. In the end, it seems they are digging their own grave, by screwing existing customers.

Saw (by mistake) the idea ad with the ridiculous concept of no free 4G since there is no free parking.

These people really are getting some idiot to film these ads for them :D

I dont get how is Airtel giving free data? 100% misleading. This is unlike Jio, where there is no limit on calling (30 mins limit per call excluded) or internet (FUP'd). Plus, you need to pay 549/month for starters!

Has anyone used Vodafone's unlimited 4G hour at Rs16
Sounds too good and what speed do you normally get in tier 1 city with it ?
If you get min of 10Mbps still you can download a lot with it in 1 hour

Back