A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

No you don't have to fight for it, Once the number ported your security will be refunded within 3 months minus the bill amount.

Nopes. Its not an automatic process. He will need to speak to CC to confirm the deposit on his account and then only those buggers will process it. Saw this issue when migrating from Airtel to Vodafone.

I beg to differ about Jio having good coverage in the cities. Jio is crap in all kinds of places either because of over saturation or lack of coverage. The only reason many people latched on to the service is because they gave services free of cost under the pretext of testing while flouting regulations with the help of their political influence while their competitors were prevented from doing so.

Also, this Rs35 min recharge is a trend started by Jio itself which requires min recharge of Rs 49. So other vendors are also moving towards the same and in fact encouraging users towards the UL plans.

In any case, it makes sense from their perspective. This has nothing to do with people using Jio. There are way too many people who use phones just for incoming without ever spending any money. The networks are over saturated and need operators to invest to expand while not getting any revenues. So this exercise is really about trimming their customer base. They want people not generating minimum revenues to move out from the network and make way for those who do.

I have two Airtel numbers and my spend on both combined is under Rs 50 over last one year. No, I don't use Jio for calls. I do have a Jio sim on JioFi, but I hardly ever use it. So you very well understand why they need to this.

I beg to differ about Jio having good coverage in the cities. Jio is crap in all kinds of places either because of over saturation or lack of coverage. The only reason many people latched on to the service is because they gave services free of cost under the pretext of testing while flouting regulations with the help of their political influence while their competitors were prevented from doing so.

Also, this Rs35 min recharge is a trend started by Jio itself which requires min recharge of Rs 49. So other vendors are also moving towards the same and in fact encouraging users towards the UL plans.

In any case, it makes sense from their perspective. This has nothing to do with people using Jio. There are way too many people who use phones just for incoming without ever spending any money. The networks are over saturated and need operators to invest to expand while not getting any revenues. So this exercise is really about trimming their customer base. They want people not generating minimum revenues to move out from the network and make way for those who do.

I have two Airtel numbers and my spend on both combined is under Rs 50 over last one year. No, I don't use Jio for calls. I do have a Jio sim on JioFi, but I hardly ever use it. So you very well understand why they need to this.

A voice of sanity in this circlejerk of Jio. :hearteyes::hearteyecat:

This is a couple days old news, they haven't exactly challenged the new rules. All they told the operators is to inform the customers clearly and immediately after that they sent sms with the following details:

Update: Another sms

"#ALERT! Apke Mobile No 9xxxxxxxxx par Outgoing suvidha 11/12/2018 se band ho jayegi Seva jari rakne keliye Rs35 se recharge kare BEST offers keliye, dial *121#"

I have a Vodafone prepaid balance.
When I try to recharge with the rs 35 plan, I don't get a option to use the prepaid balance, only bank options are displayed.
How do I use the prepaid balance ?

I have a Vodafone prepaid balance.
When I try to recharge with the rs 35 plan, I don't get a option to use the prepaid balance, only bank options are displayed.
How do I use the prepaid balance ?
Did you tried MyVodafone app or Vodafone site?

Vodafone site. After logging in. Using PC.

I have recharged via phone with prepaid balance in the past.
I think I used USSD code like *111*1*5*2#
This does not seem to work now.

EDIT : This is the screen I get - see pic.
Capture_2018-12-10_221805.jpg

Last edited:
Vodafone site. After logging in. Using PC.

I have recharged via phone with prepaid balance in the past.
I think I used USSD code like *111*1*5*2#
This does not seem to work now.

EDIT : This is the screen I get - see pic.View attachment 77864
I was in the same situation with my mom's phone in spite of having 700 odd bucks in the main balance.
You have to recharge with 35 again on top of whatever balance you might have.Its like a bank mandating a minimum deposit every month or else they gobble up your account altogether.

I have an Airtel prepaid connection as my secondary sim just for receiving incoming sms. Don't need it for any other purpose. Will this situation affect me? How do I keep my Airtel number active just to receive incoming sms?

Once my balance runs out I will port my secondary and tertiary numbers to MTNL .
I'm on Vodafone now .
My outgoing calls are very few .
Always connected to WiFi .
I use a maximum of 100 mb ( no photos or videos when on data ) per month .
Hardly any WhatsApp .
Only work related emails .

Once my balance runs out I will port my secondary and tertiary numbers to MTNL .
I'm on Vodafone now .
My outgoing calls are very few .
Always connected to WiFi .
I use a maximum of 100 mb ( no photos or videos when on data ) per month .
Hardly any WhatsApp .
Only work related emails .

will follow you.

Not surprisingly, these bhikari companies are showing their true Colors. Since the outgoing validity is over, they're not even allowing the supposedly toll-free Port sms.

So looks like one port sms is gonna cost 35 bucks...[DOUBLEPOST=1544780588][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, some clarifications. I was under the impression that the porting sms is toll-free but it's chargeable 1 rupee.

And since i don't have an active plan, I can't use my existing balance to send the sms...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back