Aadhaar card

avi

Skilled
How to apply :

This procedure should work in all cases. However in some cities, tender agencies may have different working.

1. Enrolment Center

First check the nearest center from here : Enrolment Centre Search

Call the number & check for timings. Usually it's 10am to 5pm. Queue usually starts around 8am-9am depending upon your city. Major city, early timings for queues. I went to my centre at around 9am & there were already few guys waiting outside the center.

2. Documents for verification:

If you have Passport, then you don't need any other docs. That one will just do for all verifications [DOB, Identity, Address & Relation ship proof with head of family]

PAN Card, Election ID, Driving License & a bank passbook would suffice. Here is full list of required documents.

There are 3 ways actually :
1. You submit all the required documents.
2. If you don't have any, your head of family's documents will do. He/She has to sign a proof of relationship
3. Or any introducer.

From what I asked, if introducer or head of family, already has Aadhaar, then you don't need any documents for verification. I am not sure about this, please enquire at enrolment center.

3. Form :

Get the form from here. Fill all details in capital letters. If you are applying for your kids < 5 years old, then Father/Mother/Guardian’s details are mandatory.

d5AtwhF.png

It's up to you whether you agree to share your info [God knows what Gov gonna do]. I had no to this field, but the guy at center never bothered to check. Seems they are blindly filling yes to every application. I found this after I got confirmation of enrolment. He said it cannot be changed :-/ So if it's serious thing for you, then double check about this.

When you give all your details, iris, finger print scan, the guy asks you to verify / check for spelling mistakes. At this time you can check about consent.

There were many spelling mistakes in regional language field. So, check that one carefully too.

x5SNtk5.png

You can link your bank account for some free goodies, but it's up to you. As per @MAGNeT mentioned here, he received his card too late for this reason.

4. After you spend your whole day at center standing in queue, cursing Gov & people next to you, once you are done with enrolment, you can check your application status here

5. You can update your info from here.

Links & Stuff :
1. Form : http://uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/uid_download/enrolmentform.pdf
2. Documents list : http://uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/valid_documents_list.pdf
3. Homepage : http://uidai.gov.in/
4. FAQ : http://uidai.gov.in/faq.html

Turns out getting Aadhaar card isn't an easy task. You need lots of patience. Let the adventure begin :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have it but need to apply soon. The government is trying to push people into registering for this card even when it is voluntary and not mandatory. The indirect ways it is trying to make it mandatory is by having this card necessary for things like vehicle registration etc. That's what i read. Correct me if i am wrong.

We can make this thread as Aadhar card Q&A.

I do not have for one even though I applied for it in November 2011 but it never came through, It is needed as per the new govt. policy to obtain LPG Gas subsidy and I think it'll be quite helpful to connect your bank account so that it can be directly credited to your account, Aadhar will also be useful in many other things in future, Govt. plans to links many things to it.

Its meant more as biometric data base than anything else.
They are slowly linking all subsidy to this and more than that I see it as one more place for corruption.

Can we download the form online, take a printout and submit it at the Adhaar center ? I was told by one center in Mumbai that you cannot even use a form from Center 1 and submit in Center 2.

Can we download the form online, take a printout and submit it at the Adhaar center ? I was told by one center in Mumbai that you cannot even use a form from Center 1 and submit in Center 2.
Donno about center1&2 etc, but you can use form from the online at any center.

and what about point 6 ? sharing info..

Donno about center1&2 etc, but you can use form from the online at any center.

and what about point 6 ? sharing info..

Not sure about the point 6, is it in some pic you might have posted, if yes then i cannot see the pic because of firewall.

Don't have it avi: how are you applying?

1. Get the form from here : uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/uid_download/enrolmentform.pdf
2. Here is list of required documents [this info is already present in above pdf] : uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/valid_documents_list.pdf

I am using my Passport. Apparently it can be used for all verification purposes (name, address etc)

3. Check the nearest center : Enrolment Centre Search

No one is picking my call right now, will go there tomo early morning :p

Not sure about the point 6, is it in some pic you might have posted, if yes then i cannot see the pic because of firewall.
I have no objection to the UIDAI sharing information provided by me to the UIDAI with agencies
engaged in delivery of welfare services

Frequently Asked Question

What are the privacy protections in place to protect the right to privacy of the resident?
Protection of the individual and the safeguarding their information is inherent in the design of the UID project. From having a random number which does not reveal anything about the individual to other features listed below, the UID project keeps the interest of the resident at the core of its purpose and objectives.

• Collecting limited information
The UIDAI is collecting only basic data fields - Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Parent/ Guardian’s (name essential for children but not for others) photo, 10 finger prints and iris scan .

• No profiling and tracking information collected
The UIDAI policy bars it from collecting sensitive personal information such as religion, caste, community, class, ethnicity, income and health. The profiling of individuals is therefore not possible through the UID system.

• Release of information – yes or no response
The UIDAI will not reveal personal information in the Aadhaar database – the only response will be a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to requests to verify an identity

• Convergence and linking of UIDAI information to other databases
The UID database is not linked to any other databases, or to information held in other databases. Its only purpose will be to verify a person’s identity at the point of receiving a service, and that too with the consent of the aadhaar number holder.
The UID database will be guarded both physically and electronically by a few select individuals with high clearance. The data will be secured with the best encryption, and in a highly secure data vault. All access details will be properly logged.

http://uidai.gov.in/faq.html?catid=14

even i've heard mixed reactions to this in tv. the opposition party politicians are saying its not mandatory for people to get aadhar cards since no law has been passed whereas the politicians from ruling party say it is required to pass on subsidies. i even heard from a local kirana store owner here, that in gujarat his brother was not allowed to book a railway ticket since he did not have this card. the upa govt is trying to remove all sorts of subsidies and replace it with cash incentives in coming months. they will be starting with PDS, kerosene, lpg in first stage. example. first 6 lpg cylinders at subsidized rates of 400 means people will still have to shell out 1000 bucks per cylinder, the subsidy of 600 will then be transferred to their bank accounts. (like it might happen) lolz. regarding pds, they are trying to pass the onus on to state governments. they want the state govt to give or not give ration to poor. the center will give money to state govt or directly send amount of those 5-10KGs of rice (or whatever they have set) to aadhar linked bank account. They are also thinking of removing ration cards completely in coming years.

If they have so much of care for data storage. Then why the heck contracts are given to non indian companies ?
Main company storing the database is american.

Subsidy transfer is where next avenue of corruption will be. And yes they do have plans to end all subsidy.
Thanks to signing of great gat treaty or something which is to do with agree sector and world bank loans.

I have one and I really appreciate the ease with which I could get it - no dependence on n number of address and ID proofs. The best part is that it is beginning to get accepted for a lot of things, and is a solid alternative for those like me without a ration card or election card.

Folks who have applied but not received, do check the status on the UIDAI site, and contact them if there has been no update for a while. Additionally, check the website for India Post as they deliver these cards, and many times when one is not available, they just keep the card with themselves or hand it over to the RWA wherever one is present. Irrespective, their website has tracking info for delivery.

Avi i'll request you to not share bank details while making the card.Reason not related to security but in my family i was the only one who tried to be extra smart and shared every information.

Most of my family members received in 3 months.I received the card in 15 months span.All other information boxes are almost compulsory i guess.Even if you dont fill it.I guess you wont be allow to move forward.

I made physical filing hence i dont think i encountered such questions on the form which was just 4 pages with each other side being in hindi to replace the front english page.

Also these days one by one they are stopping election card and ration card as proof at many places.Driving license is allowed only by private company verification say INTERNET and all but government authorities at most place don;t count it as proof.

So the only proof remains is bank statments of last 3 months transaction(which we avoid to share in open) or passport if one has it.

So no doubt one has to go for it now.

Also do make visit to government banks like SBI,canara.You will see lines to open bank account or turn dorman on with AAdhar as subsidy cylinder money will come in account directly.

Ok so i have downloaded the form from internet and will be filling in. I need to apply the card for my wife and myself. My wife's name on her passport is the before marriage name but she wishes to put her after marriage name on the aadhaar card. So what all documents will i need to submit (photocopies ?) or just take with me as a proof (originals ??).
As of now the things i think i need to take with me are...

1. Passport for both of us
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Aadhaar application form

Anything else ?

In Mumbai they have stopped taking Aadhar card application forms in few centers. My appointment is on 19th January in my area and my dad yesterday checked and told me they have closed the collection of forms for some time. They told to keep checking when it gets open.

So @raksrules fill up the form and go to your nearest collection center. They will help you with other details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so i have downloaded the form from internet and will be filling in. I need to apply the card for my wife and myself. My wife's name on her passport is the before marriage name but she wishes to put her after marriage name on the aadhaar card. So what all documents will i need to submit (photocopies ?) or just take with me as a proof (originals ??).
As of now the things i think i need to take with me are...

1. Passport for both of us
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Aadhaar application form

Anything else ?

You need to take any other POI in which your wife's name has been changed to her after marriage name. It can be a Bank passbook, PAN Card no. or anything with the new title.. You need photocopies of the document which would be submitted along with the Adhaar application..

Back