Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Hey All!

With all the Aadhar linking to everything and your email account and OTPs sometimes being sent to email accounts hacking emails is hacker’s dream now. Just a humble reminder to set up two step verification in your "default/banking" Gmail account. Two of my team members at work have already suffered. Their Gmail was somehow "hacked" and unknown people used their credit cards.
It just makes sense to have that super nice two step verification switched on in your Gmail (If you don't have a Gmail account God be with you!)

In "My Account>Sign in and Security>Two step verification.

There are two ways. Prompt and OTP. I've set default to OTP no prompt.

Regards,

Vivek.

Thanks for reminder. Had thought of doing it long back but didnt bother much since i was anyway getting notification mail on android devices about new session. But still this would help.

Shall even setup authentication app soon since mobile can be offline in no network zone or on international roaming. Its kind of a bit headache since mobile has to be nearby and with battery remaining too.. but still better than getting hacked account and more worse, monetary loss.

Thanks for reminder. Had thought of doing it long back but didnt bother much since i was anyway getting notification mail on android devices about new session. But still this would help.

Shall even setup authentication app soon since mobile can be offline in no network zone or on international roaming. Its kind of a bit headache since mobile has to be nearby and with battery remaining too.. but still better than getting hacked account and more worse, monetary loss.
With computers you use everyday select "Don't ask on this computer". :)

So Google knows my phone number (and by extension, a s*** ton more information since I use their suite of services), and government knows my Aadhar linked to my phone.

Can the government ask Google to hand over my details if they want?

They tried the same thing with BlackBerry a few years ago IIRC.

So Google knows my phone number (and by extension, a s*** ton more information since I use their suite of services), and government knows my Aadhar linked to my phone.

Maybe they can, but why would they waste their time/resource doing that for folks like you and me? They might do it if we plan to plant a bomb somewhere.

Maybe they can, but why would they waste their time/resource doing that for folks like you and me? They might do it if we plan to plant a bomb somewhere.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...all-time-high-google/articleshow/60966957.cms[DOUBLEPOST=1513839892][/DOUBLEPOST]In this official page: https://transparencyreport.google.com/user-data/overview
Select India in dropdown menu below the graph and feel the joy.
:D:D:D

You see too much science fiction movies? :woot:

Back